Bengaluru Airport Guide (BLR)
A techie’s paradise or as popularly known as the start-up hub of India, Bengaluru is the centre of IT companies in India. The pleasant climatic condition in Bengaluru make it a destination frequented by the tourists. Moreover, the city is well-connected to different parts of the world, thereby attracting tourists from everywhere. The international airport in Bengaluru is positioned in the close proximity of the city.
Other than being a hub of tech giant companies, Bengaluru has a lot to offer to its visitors. The famous Tipu sultan fort represents the artistic flair of the rulers back then. Lal bagh botanical garden is a visual treat for nature lovers. Sprawling green garden with a myriad of species of plants, herbs and trees is first of its kind in India. Bangalore palace, Nandi hills, Cubbon Park are some of the other amazing attractions to visit when in Bengaluru. Do not miss out on the serene and picturesque Shivasundaram falls. The journey to these falls will take you through splendid views of lush green hills. This place is ideal for nature and trek lovers.
So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and head to the garden city of India.
The Bengaluru airport is a single terminal airport spread over 16,187,425 sq. meters (approx.) handling both the domestic as well as international operations. It is third busiest airport in India, after Delhi and Mumbai, in terms of passenger traffic, having handled over 100 million passengers since its inception.
Get direct return IndiGo flights to Bengaluru from Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Dubai, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi (Cochin), Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), Vadodara, Varanasi, and Visakhapatnam with other destinations connecting via them.
Enjoy your stay closer to the Bengaluru Airport with
- Day Hotel by Plaza Premium, Kempegowda International Airport | KIAL Rd, Devanahalli 560300, India
- Fantasy Golf Resort, New Airport Road | Opp. ITC Factory (Mac Donald's), NH7, Bengaluru 562157, India
- Hotel Presidency, Sadahalli Gate & Road,, Bengaluru 562157, India
- Taj Bangalore, near Kempegowda International Airport, Devanahalli 560300, India
Bengaluru airport offers facilities for your smoother travel:
- Free trolleys.
- Luggage Storage.
- Self-service check-in kiosks.
- Automated e-gates.
- Visitor Ticket.
- ATM and Cash Machines.
- Currency exchange counters.
- Child Care Area.
- Kids Play area.
- Car Rental Services.
- Free Medical Facilities and support for differently-ables.
While you wait at the Bengaluru Airport, spend your time
- Shopping at Duty Free for reasonable prices
- Buying souvenirs for the loved ones at the gift shops for the last minute rushes.
- Shopping your heart with a range of apparels and shoes.
- Luxuriating with the traditional handicrafts.
- Relaxing at various Spas and lounges available.
- Relishing your taste buds with offerings from several restaurants and cafes.
- Snacking at the kiosk for a cheaper hunger relief.
Bengaluru Airport provides with the following lounges for a soothing waiting experience:
- Day Hotel by Plaza Premium Lounge
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Domestic Departure
- Plaza Premium Lounge – International Departure
- Above Ground Lounge – Domestic Departure
- Above Ground Lounge – International Departure