Bhubaneswar Airport Guide (BBI)
The ancient city of Bhubaneshwar has a mythological significance. The history of the city dates back to the 2000 years when the German Architect Otto Königsberger designed the city. It is one of the very first planned cities of modern India and is frequented by tourists from all across the world.
Parasurameswara Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva is known for its commendable stone carving. The work is artisans, intriguing carvings is sure to leave you astounded. Udyagari and Khandgiri caves are home to several Jain temples and monasteries. Again, the fine stone carving at the place is worth a view during your visit. Apart from this, there are a number of temples in Bhubaneshwar. Thus, it is most favoured tourist destination for pilgrims of the country. Apart from temples, there is also the Orissa State Museum. The museum has over 10 galleries and displays collection of antiques such as manuscripts, tools, weapons and armoury, scientific tools and natural history. It can be a great study tour for your little ones.
The Bhubaneswar airport is the sole airport in the city of Bhubaneswar.
There are two terminals – domestic and international.
This terminal is exclusively for handling the domestic flights and is spread over 18240 sq. meters. It is equipped with 18 check-in counters, and 5 security check booths with passenger capacity of 400 each at arrival and departure.
Get return flights IndiGo flights to Bhubaneswar from Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Visakhapatnam along with several connecting destinations.
This terminal is exclusively for handling the international flights and is spread over 5177.50 sq. meters. It is equipped with 6 check-in counters, 10 immigration counters, 4 custom counters, and 2 security check booths with passenger capacity of 200 each at arrival and departure.
Get connecting return flights IndiGo flights to Bhubaneswar from Bangkok, Dubai, Doha, Kathmandu, and Muscat.
Enjoy your stay closer to the Bhubaneswar Airport with
- Hotel Senapati Palace Lords Tailor Lane Hotel, Senapati Palace Jan Path, Bhubaneswar 751009, India
- Panthanivas Bhubaneswar, Lewis Rd, Bhubaneswar 751014, India
- Sambit Palace Hotel, A/5, Ashok Nagar, Rajmahal Square, Bhubaneswar 751009, India
- Fortune Park Sishmo, 86/A-1, Gautam Nagar | near Kalpana Square, Bhubaneswar 751014, India
Bhubaneswar airport offers facilities for your smoother travel:
- Free trolleys.
- ATM and Cash Machines.
- Currency exchange counters.
- Child Care Area.
- Kids Play area.
- Free magazines and newspapers.
- Rental Rooms.
- Car Rental Services.
- Free information kiosks.
- Free Medical Facilities with pharmacy at the airport, and a nearby hospital.
While you wait at the Bhubaneswar Airport, spend your time
- Buying souvenirs for the loved ones at the gift shops for the last minute rushes.
- Shopping your heart with a range of apparels and shoes.
- Luxuriating with the traditional handicrafts.
- Relishing your taste buds with offerings from several restaurants and cafes.
- Snacking at the kiosk for a cheaper hunger relief.