Chennai Airport Guide (MAA)
Chennai is probably the only city in India that caters to the needs of all kinds of travellers. Whether you are a history buff or a nature lover or an art enthusiast, Chennai is a place that is appealing to all. The rich cultural heritage of Chennai can be seen in every corner of the city. Be it the cuisine, music, dance or the architecture, the city and the people are very well-connected to their roots.
Goa might be India’s beach capital but there is no doubt in the fact that some of the beautiful beaches of India are located in Chennai. Unwind and relax at the marina beach that happens to be the largest beach of the country. Take a stroll alongside picturesque palm trees and witness the alluring sunrise at the beach. Eliot’s beach and Covelong beach are some of the other popular beaches of the city.
If historical wonders and grandeur of architecture captivates you, do not miss out on Fort st George, San Thome church and Sri Parthasarthy temple. These are some of the best architectural wonders of the country.
Chennai International Airport was the first airport in India to have both International and Domestic terminal adjacent to each other. It is spread over an area of 5,665,599 sq. meters and handled 18,362,215 passengers in the last year (2016).
There are two terminals – domestic and international.
Kamraj Domestic Terminal
The terminal covers an area of 13,000 sq. meters and has 18 check-in counters and 4 security kiosks.
Fly domestic, direct with return IndiGo flights to Chennai from Ahmedabad, Bangalore (Bengaluru), Bhubaneswar, Coimbatore, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi (Cochin), Kolkata, Madurai, Mumbai, Port Blair, Pune, Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram), Vishakhapatnam with many more destinations connecting through them.
Anna International Terminal
Chennai Airport is the third busiest airport in India in terms of international passengers. It is spread over an area of 15,700 sq. meters with 19 check-in counters, 22 immigration checks, 30 custom counters and 4 security kiosks.
Fly internationally, direct with return IndiGo flights to Chandigarh from Dubai, Muscat, and Singapore along with other destinations connecting through them.
Enjoy your stay closer to the Chennai Airport with
- Retiring Rooms, Public Area, Chennai International Airport | GST Rd, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600027, India
- Radisson Blu Hotel, 531 GST Road | St. Thomas Mount, Chennai (Madras) 600016, India
- Trident, 1/24 G.S.T Road, Chennai (Madras) 600027, India
- Just Guest House, 3 Just Guest House Veeramamunivar Street, Chennai (Madras) 600114, India
Chennai Airport provides with the following facilities for your smoother travel:
- Free trolleys.
- Luggage Wrapping.
- ATM and Cash Machines.
- Currency exchange counters.
- Smoking Room.
- Prayer Room.
- Conference Rooms.
- Child Care Area.
- Free Medical Facilities.
- Availability of wheelchairs
- Assistance to the differently-abled.
- Lost and Found Baggage Services.
- Car Rentals and General Taxi Services.
- Metro connectivity.
While you wait at the Chennai Airport, spend your time
- Shopping at Duty Free shops for reasonable prices
- Getting souvenirs from gift shops for the last minute rushes.
- Adorning yourself with the traditional and modern apparels and accessories stores.
- Relaxing with massages and spa.
- Relishing your taste buds with offerings from the Food Court.
- Snacking at the kiosk for a cheaper hunger relief.