Coimbatore Airport Guide (CJB)
Coimbatore is one of those few cities which offer the best in tourism and industry at the same. The second largest city in the state of Tamil Nadu, you will find an array of nature’s sights, a secular offering of religious places along with a sprawling industry.
Dubbed as the ‘Manchester of South India’ due to its textile industry, the city has welcomed migrants from neighbouring states to work in its mills and industries which have with time given the city a cosmopolitan feel. Most travellers use Coimbatore as a stepping stone before heading to Ooty or Kerala, however, if visited as a destination than a break on the way, you can unearth some interesting sights here.
There are countless religious places like the Marudamalai Murugan Temple, Naga Sai Mandir, infant Jesus church, a yogic temple and much more to visit; for the history lovers, there are quite a few museums which showcase the best of Indian and Tamil culture. If you happen to be an outdoors person, Coimbatore has an excellent national park, charming lakes, and gushing waterfalls. The city also has great avenues for golf, car racing and a flying club too.
You will love your time spent at Coimbatore.
Coimbatore International Airport is a small airport of area 16400 sq. meters with a single terminal observing a passenger traffic of around 1,981,061. It is equipped with 24 check-in counters, 12 immigration counters, 4 custom counters, and 6 security check booths.
Get direct return IndiGo flights to Coimbatore from Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Mumbai with many more domestic as well international (Doha, Dubai, Kathmandu, Muscat, and Singapore) connecting through them.
Enjoy your stay closer to the Coimbatore International Airport with
- Hotel Royal Chambers, Near Codissia, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641014, India
- Le Meridien, 762 Avinashi Road | Neelambur Village, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641062, India
- Radisson Blu Coimbatore, 164-165, Avinashi Road | Peelamedu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641004, India
- Vivanta by Taj - Surya, 105, Race Course Road, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641018, India
Coimbatore International Airport provides with the following facilities for your smoother travel:
- Free trolleys.
- ATM and Cash Machines
- Currency exchange counters.
- Child Care Area.
- Free Newspapers and Magazines.
- Free information kiosks.
- Free Medical Facilities.
- Availability of wheelchairs and assistance to the differently-abled.
- Lost and Found Baggage Services.
- Parking available at affordable prices.
- Car Rental Services, and General Taxi Services.
While you wait at the Coimbatore International Airport, spend your time
- Shopping at Duty Free shops for reasonable prices
- Getting souvenirs from gift shops for the last minute rushes.
- Savoring the sweet tooth from the range of traditional sweet stores.
- Adorning yourself with the traditional and modern jewelry and ornament stores.
- Indulging in not-so-sinful world of art at the art gallery in the premises.
- Getting traditional with the Ethnic Emporium.
- Feeling refreshed with the Ayurvedic Shop.
- Relishing your taste buds with offerings from the Food Court.
- Snacking at the kiosk for a cheaper hunger relief.