Dehradun Airport Guide (DED)
The capital city of Uttarakhand, Dehradun is one of the most popular tourist destinations of the country. Rightly known as the knowledge centre, its educational institutes have received several prestigious recognitions. The beautiful sightseeing places in the city are frequently visited by not only tourists but also the local residents. From shrines to Waterfalls, Parks to architectural beauties, Dehradun is a place for every kind of traveller. Weather it is family vacation, a solo expedition or a fun trip with your gang, the place is sure to give you thousands of amazing memories.
When in Dehradun, do not forget to visit the famous Asan Baragge. It is a wetland situated between two rivers and is ideal for nature lovers. Here you will spot rare bird species like Painted Stork, open billed stork and night heroin. The serene views at this place will calm your soul. Forest research institute is yet another popular tourist attraction you should not give a miss. Take a stroll in the serene and peaceful surroundings of the institute. Buddha temple, Dehradun Zoo, Clock tower are some of the other attractions of the city.
Dehradun Airport is a small airport of area 1,319,275 sq. meters with a single terminal capable of handling 150 incoming and 150 outgoing passengers in peak hours. It is equipped with 12 check-in counters, and 2 security check booths.
Get direct return IndiGo flights to Dehradun from Delhi with many more domestic as well as international (Dubai) connecting through them.
Enjoy your stay closer to the Dehradun International Airport with
- Hotel Padmini Palace, Near Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun 248140, India
- North Star Residency, 47, Jhanda Bazar, Near Sharanpur Chowk, Lakkhi Bagh, Dehradun 248001, India
- Hotel Siddharth, Bhatt Commercial Complex 2 Haridwar Road | Dehradun 248001, India
- Hotel Calista, 59 Saharanpur Road | Patel Nager, Dehradun 248001, India
Dehradun Airport provides with the following facilities for your smoother travel:
- Free trolleys.
- ATM and Cash Machines.
- Currency exchange counters.
- Child Care Area.
- Free Medical Facilities.
- Availability of wheelchairs and assistance to the differently-abled.
- Lost and Found Baggage Services.
- Parking available at affordable prices.
- Car Rental Services, and General Taxi Services.