Delhi Airport Guide (DEL)
The capital city of India, Delhi is known for its vibrant culture. From historical monuments to the political aura, Delhi is a perfect blend of traditional and contemporary atmosphere. Situated in the northern part of the country, Delhi, commonly known as the city of love, is the first choice of foreign tourists visiting India.
With countless historical monuments, exceptionally well built Airport and Metro, the capital city has a lot to offer to its visitors.
You can visit the famous Lotus temple, Akshardham Mandir, and Red fort to witness the grandeur of Architecture. And if you wish to explore the liveliness of the city, do not miss out on the popular Hauz Khas village. Serene and tranquil, the Hauz Khas fort has witnessed the shooting of many popular Bollywood movies. Plus, the streets there will give you the feel of walking through the streets of Milan. Fascinating isn’t it? Restaurants, clubs, shopping boutiques, and art galleries, this place has everything you can ever ask for.
Take an early morning run at the Rajpath with the views of glorious India gate to make your trip to Delhi memorable forever.
Delhi Airport is a major hub or focus destination for IndiGo Airlines along with a few others. There are 3 terminals, of which Terminal 2 is closed for operations. The Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 are separately located connected via cab/shuttle bus.
This terminal is exclusively for budgeted domestic airlines including IndiGo with separate buildings for arrival (1C) and departure (1D) with handling capacity is 10 million passengers per year.
Get direct return IndiGo flights to Delhi from Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Dibrugah, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jammu, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, and Visakhapatnam.
This terminal is handling the international flights and some of the domestic flights. It has an area of 20 acres with separate floors for arrival and departure. The airport has 168 check-in counters, 78 aerobridges at 48 contact stands, 95 immigration counters, and 15 X-ray screening areas.
Get direct return IndiGo flights to Delhi from Dubai, Doha, and Kathmandu along with several connecting locations.
Enjoy your stay closer to the Delhi Airport with
- Four Points by Sheraton New Delhi, Airport Highway, Samalka 9 Plot No, New Delhi 110002, India
- Hotel T3 Classic, A - 334/1a Near Igi Airport, New Delhi 110002, India
- JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, Asset Area 4 - Hospitality District | Delhi Aerocity, New Delhi 110002, India
- Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport, 6 Asset No, New Delhi 110002, India
Delhi Airport provides with the following facilities for your smoother travel:
- Free trolleys.
- ATM and Cash Machines.
- Currency exchange counters.
- Child Care Area and availability of strollers.
- Children Play Area.
- Free Newspapers and Magazines.
- Free Medical Facilities.
- Assistance for differently-abled/elderly passengers.
- Prayer Room.
- Luggage Wrapping as well as Paid Luggage Storage & Lockers.
- Lost and Found Baggage Services.
- Car Rental Services, Pre-paid Taxi Services.
While you wait at the Delhi Airport, spend your time
- Shopping at Duty Free shops for reasonable prices.
- Picking up your heart’s desires for apparels, accessories, perfumes and cosmetics, toys, souvenirs, electronics, and jewelry.
- Pleasuring your gamer spirit with Amoeba (Gaming Zone).
- Cherishing your inner pilot with the Flight stimulator.
- Relaxing at the Massage Parlors, another reason to reach early for a flight.
- Lazing in the rest zones.
- Hibernating in the sleeping pods for a good night sleep.
- Relishing your taste buds with offerings from several restaurants and cafes.
- Snacking at the kiosk for a cheaper hunger relief.
Relax at the wide range of lounges available in the Delhi Airport:
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Terminal 3 (International).
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Terminal 1D.
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Terminal 3 (Domestic).
- Shower & Massage Lounge.
- Nap & Massage Lounge.
- ITC Welcome Group Green Lounge.