Dimapur Airport Guide (DMU)
With centuries of ancient history and architecture that acts as the gateway to one of the seven sisters of the North East, Dimapur is a city of old and new co-existing in serenity.
It serves as the major commercial unit of Nagaland and a thriving community of handloom and handicraft artisans. The city’s roots go back to the 13th century where it was the capital of the Kachari tribe, whose presence can be still seen.
You will see a lot of temples and historical sites talking about the city’s history. Another eye-catching the part of the city is the Green Park, a horticulture farm run by the Nagaland government. Visit the stunning Rangapahar Reserve forest where you can see a number of medicinally important plants and various animals. Dimapur is plush with greenery and fauna, and warm locals. When here, make sure you taste the famous Dimapur momos, chicken drumsticks, and other veg & non-veg delicacies cooked with fresh vegetables. It’s a terrific place to make a pit stop, refresh yourself, and relax before you move towards your destination.
Dimapur Airport is a single terminal airport handling domestic spread over an area of 4100 sq. meters with 6 check-in counters handling 250 incoming and 250 outgoing passengers.
Get daily direct return IndiGo flights to Dibrugarh from Guwahati and Kolkata with several connecting ones.
Enjoy your stay closer to the Dimapur Airport with a choice of
- Hotel Saramati, Super Market Lane, Half Nagarjan, Dimapur, Nagaland 797112, India
- Hotel Acacia Dimapur, Opp. East Police Station, Near Dimapur Railway Station, Dimapur, Nagaland 797112, India
- Hotel Theja Fort Dimapur, Bank Colony, Police Colony, Dimapur, Nagaland 797117, India
- Hotel Tragopan Dimapur, Circular Rd, N.S.T. Colony, Dimapur, Nagaland 797112, India
Dimapur airport offers facilities for your smoother travel:
- Free trolleys.
- ATM and Cash Machines.
- Lost and Found at Terminal Manager’s Office.
- Free Medical Facilities.
- Child care room.
- Rest room for transit passengers.
- Car Rental Services and General Taxi Services.
- Tourist Information Centre