Indore Airport Guide (IDR)
To say Indore is an old city would be an understatement. Tracing its roots back to the 16th century, this city, which today is an amalgamation of trade, commerce, gastronomy, and architecture, has blossomed from an ordinary trading village to a splendid summer destination.
The Holkar dynasty ruled over this city for a long time and has left deep imprints upon Indore’s ethos.
You will find trade and commerce running deep into the people’s veins here. A great example would be the Sarafa market, an overnight market whose origins was to keep shops safe from burglars by the night street food vendors. A novel idea, today, this market represents Indore’s love for food. From everything golden and fried, the best of India’s street food finds representation here. Pav bhaji, dosas, samosas, jalebis, malpuas, rabdis, gulab jamuns and so much more, it’s a foodie’s paradise.
If food is Indore’s passion, wait till you see its palaces and monuments. The Holkar Dynasty was great patrons of the arts and this can be seen in many palaces and epitaphs. Influences of Mughal, Maratha, and Fresh architectural styles can be seen in the palaces. A proof of this can been seen in the museums across town which house great treasures from Indore’s past.
If you visit Indore, make sure to try a bit of everything than a set list. From temples, palaces, and museums to the new coffee houses (Indore loves coffee too), pubs, and eateries. Just like a hot meal which satiates your hunger, the same can be said for a traveller after he/she visits Indore.
Indore Airport is a single terminal airport spread over an area 18,000 sq. meters with passenger traffic of around 1,548,221. The terminal capacity is 700 passengers in peak hours. It is equipped with 16 check-in counters, 16 immigration counters, and 4 counters for customs.
Get direct return IndiGo flights to Indore from Agartala, Guwahati, and Kolkata along with other connecting domestic and international destinations.
Enjoy your stay closer to the Indore Airport with
- Babashree Hotels And Resorts, Behind Airport Thana, Chota Bangarda, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452005,
- Hotel Green Tulip, 2nd Floor Above Axis Bank International, 622, Airport Rd, Kalani Nagar, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452005, India
- Krishna Residency, 8, Airport Rd, Parihar Market, Kalani Nagar, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452006, India
Indore Airport provides with the following facilities for your smoother travel:
- Free trolleys.
- ATM and Cash Machines.
- Currency exchange counters.
- Child Care Area.
- Free Newspapers and Magazines.
- Free information kiosks.
- Free Medical Facilities.
- Wheelchair available.
- Assistance to differently-abled/aged.
- Lost and Found Baggage Services.
- Parking available.
- Car Rental Services.
While you wait at the Indore Airport, spend your time
- Shopping at Duty Free shops for reasonable prices.
- Getting souvenirs from the gift shops in the last minute rushes.
- Luxuriating with jewelry shopping.
- Relishing your taste buds with offerings from several restaurants and cafes.
- Snacking at the kiosk for a cheaper hunger relief.