At IndiGo, we try our level best to predict weather conditions so that we can re-schedule accordingly and inform our passengers well in advance about the changes. However, there are days when our teams are required to take last minute decisions to delay/cancel certain flights due to sudden dip in visibility caused by fog and it might not be safe to take off or land in the affected airport. Our ground staff is doing its best to make sure there is minimum discomfort to passengers who have been affected due to rescheduling of flights. Safety of our passengers and crew is of utmost importance and all decisions are taken to ensure the same at any given time. Therefore, it’s our sincere request to please cooperate with our team during this rough period as it will help them to make your travel a pleasant experience.
Also, delays/cancellations of flights due to fog or other weather conditions might affect the network and lead to further delays in other airports as well.
If your flight is delayed, you will be notified by SMS, phone and e-mail. Please ensure that you give your correct contact details at the time of booking. If your booking is made by a travel agent, please insist that your personal contact details are given at the time of booking.
If your flight is cancelled, you will be informed via SMS, phone and e-mail. You can book an alternate flight online by clicking here or call our call centre at 09910383838.
Given below are the airports that are likely to be affected on 21/01/2017 due to bad weather. Click here to check the list of cancelled flights.
Few tips for hassle-free travel:-
- Download the IndiGo mobile app to check the latest flight updates
- DM us on Twitter with your #6EST <6Eflight number> to know your flight status e.g. if your flight number is 6E299 on 7 Dec you need to send #6EST 6E299 0712
- Check your flight status on www.goindigo.in
- Click here to chat with us
- Call our call center at 9910383838
- Reach airport 2 hours in advance to beat the rush
- If you are travelling for business, try and keep your meeting timings flexible
- If you are travelling for leisure, try and keep some buffer time for anticipated delays
- Make sure your phone and laptop is charged and your chargers are kept handy
- We might board you on your aircraft however, there might be delays due to bad weather conditions and sequence clearance from the ATC.
Last updated at 1738 hrs, 21/01/2017