Inclusion is one of the guiding principles at IndiGo, and we also extend the same to our CSR initiatives. This IndiGoReach initiative for special children in New Delhi strives to extend comprehensive and professional support to the children with special needs to help develop their latent talent.
The beneficiaries of this initiative are 50 autistic children between the age group of 3-12 years. Autism is marked by two kinds of behaviours. One is difficulties in social interaction and second is restricted or repetitive actions.
The primary focus of this initiative:
- Enhancing the learning abilities of the children by focussing on their health, education,and skill development.
- Assisting in hearing and speech development.
- Assessing the beneficiaries on the basis of their aptitude and interest to provide them career guidance.
- Providing counselling to parents and other family members so that they become aware of their child’s illness.
- Ensuring the holistic development of the children through various activities.
- Providing safe transportation to the school and back.
- Creating personalised learning plans to develop their personalities.