IndiGoReach, in partnership with Ekalavya Foundation, has initiated a program in Betul and Bhopal districts of Madhya Pradesh to work on an education program with 200 teachers and 4500 students in 44 government schools in the state.
The primary focusses of the initiative:
- Direct engagement and learning support to students from class 1 to 8.
- Social and environmental sensitivity and career choice awareness for students of class 9 and 10.
- Community engagement around school and learning.
- Setting up M-LAC (Mohalla Learning Activity Centre) for children from classes 1 to 8 in the project geography villages along with all necessary materials (books, TLMs, stationeries).
- Reaching out to children through the TeMIL(Technology Mediated Interactive Learning) work.
- Conducting online learning and career guidance sessions for high school students.
- Providing online resource materials for teachers and MP Education department’s work.
Multiple events such as summer camps and other initiatives mentioned above contribute to enhancing children’s learning in these schools. Community involvement is an intrinsic part of this program, and hence parents actively participate in the school events.