This initiative is a is a 24-month-long holistic livelihood program targeted at the extremely poor women in the rural districts of Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Udaipur (Rajasthan) and Gautam Buddha Nagar (Uttar Pradesh).
The initiative is aimed at addressing the needs of sustainable self-employment, inclusion, and improving the standard of living through the following methods:
- Confidence Building Training: This one-day training for women eyes at enhancing their confidence levels and motivating them to run an enterprise for a better future.
- Enterprise Development Training: A three-day enterprise, farm, and non-farm wise classroom training in batches of 15 to 25 beneficiaries is held for the beneficiaries.
- Asset Transfer for Self-Employment: Assets are provided to the beneficiaries depending on the type of enterprise.
- Consumption Support: Participants receive a temporary subsistence allowance so as to encourage them not to sell their assets before it begins to generate income.
- Village Committee Formation: To achieve the goal of the Project, a committee called the Ati Daridra Sahayak Committee (ADSC) comprising local leaders, and others have been constituted to help connect the beneficiaries to government schemes such as National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA), Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana, previously Indira Awaas Yojana, Social Security Scheme, etc.
- Weekly Coaching and Mentoring Sessions: Beneficiaries receive weekly coaching on topics such as asset maintenance, building of micro enterprises, nutrition, early marriage, and family planning.
- Access to Saving Services: Group meetings are conducted to discuss the importance of saving money at banks or post offices. The beneficiaries are also given assistance in opening bank accounts.
In short, the Project adopts a solution-based approach with close on-site support, doorstep enterprise development support, handholding assistance for literacy, financial education, enterprise management, and linkage facilitation to government schemes and benefits. Through this initiative, we reach out to 3000 women living in extreme poverty in the said regions.