Posted 10 June 2022
Fly to these cities for the best food experiences
'First, we eat, then we do everything else' - if this age-old quote expresses your obsession with food, then a gastronomical trip to relish the delicacies of the world will be a dream come true for you. From binge eating Delhi's iconic street foods to enjoying a freshly baked croissant in Paris, every foodie plans on a journey that lets them savour the specialties of the world. However, choosing the perfect destination that offers a unique culinary experience can surely be a tricky decision. To make this choice much simpler for you, we've compiled a list of the top cities that are a paradise for all the food-lovers. Read on to find out.
From the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk to the upscale restaurants in Hauz Khas,Delhi is the perfect place to indulge in a 'once-in-a-lifetime' culinary experience. This Indian capital offers a delightful confluence of selected Indian delicacies that present you with palatable flavours. This city also has many popular South Indian food joints that offer a lip-smacking dining experience. Perfect for vegans, vegetarians and non-vegetarians, your meal in Delhi will be lip-smacking and mouthwatering, which you will remember forever.
Famous dishes in Delhi
While the high-end restaurants might be able to provide you with a delectable dining experience, Delhi's authentic flavours hide in the small, cobbled streets of this city. With a choke-full of delicacies to indulge in,like-
- Chole Bhature
- Paneer Tikka
- Idli Sambhar
If you don’t mind relishing spicy foods that may even bring tears to your eyes, then you must try-
- Kachori Sabzi
- Ram Ladoo
- Street food
Kachori Sabzi Created using caramelised milk and nuts, Kulfi is the perfect dessert you need to refresh and cool down after a long day. Also, Ram Ladoo and Momos are a great pick-me-up street food option that you should not miss out on.
Popular restaurants in Delhi
- Every foodie finds himself/herself navigating through the ever-so-busy streets of Old Delhi. Home to Delhi's iconic street food, your trip to this city will be incomplete without heading to Chandni Chowk.
- Lotan Chole Wala and Jung Bahadur Kachori Wala offer the best selection of Chat and other street foods.
- Old Famous Jalebi Wala offers piping hot Jalebi which will impress both your tastebuds and soul.
- In addition to this, head to the North Campus area to binge on delightful street foods. Some of the popular food joints here that offer the best culinary experience are Chache Di Hatti and Momo's Point.
- Nizamuddin is the perfect spot for everyone who loves non-vegetarian food items. The best restaurants here are Karim's and Ghalib Kabab Corner.
Apart from gasping at the beauty of the Eiffel Tower and exploring the charming Louvre, your trip to Paris will only be successful if you try on the delectable delicacies offered here. From soft crepes filled with Nutella or Marmalade to that classic baguette sandwich loaded with fresh vegetables, Paris is the epitome of gastronomical fulfilment. This spectacular city hosts many restaurants that offer a scrumptious culinary experience with the backdrop of a panoramic Parisian view. The go-to place for starry-eyed romantics and food-obsessed epicures, Paris is indeed a city to feast in.
Famous dishes in Paris
- Why stick to those processed cheese slices when you can gorge on authentic Parisian Assorted Cheese, which will bring a splash of cheesy flavours in your mouth.
- Once here, relish the delightful taste of Blue Cheese, Goat Cheese and Munster.
- Also, if you have a sweet tooth, then Paris is the perfect place to indulge in some luscious Gelato.
- From Hazelnut to Praline, Gelato is a great way to refresh yourself while admiring the beauty of this city.
- A crisp and fresh Croissant, which is available in almost every bakery is all you need to complete your French food adventures.
Popular restaurants in Paris
- Allard: Dine in a classy setting, feasting on the finest culinary selections in Allard, which is surely the go-to restaurant in Paris offering an authentic Parisian experience.
- Epicure: Epicure is another high-end restaurant that will first stun you with its decor and then with its delicious menu.
- Tannat restaurant: Sip on a few classic cocktails with your loved ones in the Tannat restaurant. Providing a memorable dining experience, this restaurant is the best place to enjoy delicious meals and a tall glass of wine.
Apart from all the calming spa sessions, partying and chilling, Bangkok also boasts of its palatable food options. With endless choices available to feast on, this city is the perfect place to dine and wine in. The best thing is that you don't need to shell out a massive amount to indulge in these culinary experiences. Bangkok's much affordable street food options will certainly provide you with the same wave of spicy goodness of palatable flavours. The best way to experience the city's local life is through its street food.
Famous dishes in Bangkok
- Indulge in the amazing flavours of Pad Thai, which is a stir-fried noodle-based dish loaded with well-cooked shrimp and lemons.
- With the amalgamation of spicy and sweet flavours, this appetising dish will fill your stomach and satisfy your soul.
- Thai Steam Dumplings are one of the best on-the-go food options available here. Paired with tasty dipping sauces, these dumplings are a treat to relish.
- The Papaya Salad is a healthy street food option that is excellently favoured with lemongrass. Thai Green Curry is a must-have dish for all food fanatics.
Popular restaurants in Bangkok
- Prachak Pet Yang:The Prachak Pet Yang is a stunning restaurant that serves amazing Thai food with spectacular ambience. It offers the best noodle-based dishes that will certainly impress the epicure in you.
- Supanniga Eating Room:The Supanniga Eating Room offers the best-smoked fish and braised bitter melon, and provides a beautiful view of the river to gaze at.
- Other must-visit eating spots in Bangkok are Eat Me and Err.
Known as the cultural capital of India, Kolkata's cuisine is more than just sondesh and roshogullas. This charming city prides itself in hosting a wide range of delectable culinary surprises. From starters to desserts, Kolkata will ensure that you experience a wave of palatable flavours each time you bite into its mouth-watering delights. Being the ideal place to relish some spicy, appetising meat, this city is truly a heaven on earth for all the foodies out there.
Famous dishes in Kolkata
- The world talks about the delightful taste of the famous Kolkata Biryani. Created using a fine selection of rich spices and well-cooked meat, the pleasant aroma of this rice-based dish is enough to steal your heart. The tender and nicely-spiced potatoes in this dish make it stand out in the crowd.
- Another culinary delight is the Kosha Mangsho. A spicy mutton-based curry, the succulent meat in this dish will effortlessly melt in your mouth, ensuring that you relish heavenly flavours.
- Chelo Kebab is another mouth-watering delicacy offered in this city. The perfect snack option, this kebab is best paired with a drink of your preference.
- Also, Phuchka is the perfect street food to be relished with a loved one.
Popular restaurants in Kolkata
- Oh! Calcutta: Begin your culinary adventures in this lively city by heading to Oh! Calcutta, which offers the best selections of authentic Bengali delights. From Mishti Doi to Bhakti, this restaurant offers an unforgettable dining experience.
- Arsalan Restaurant: Arsalan Restaurant is the ideal place to devour a piping hot plate of biryani. Not just this, this restaurant also offers heavenly kebab and chaanp options.
- Nahoum and Sons confectionary: A trip to the Nahoum and Sons confectionary shop is a must to indulge in authentic Jewish baking delights.
- Nizam's Kathi Roll: Nizam's Kathi roll is another scrumptious food option to not miss out on.
Known as the City of Pearls, Hyderabad offers a confluence of appetising culinary creations to its visitors. With a choke-full of delights to satiate the food-lover in you, this city is a must-visit location to sightsee stunning architecture and gorge on endless meal options. Sipping the sweet and creamy Irani Chai of this city is the perfect way to relax after a long day of travel. The Hyderabadi Haleem is a healthy stew that is loaded with the goodness of rich spices, lentils and nuts. Undoubtedly, the lip-smacking food scene in Hyderabad has something for everyone.
Famous dishes in Hyderabad
It's hard not to talk about the delectable flavours of the famous Hyderabadi Biryani. This well-cooked biryani blends heavenly meat and tender rice and is loaded with aromatic spices that bring out its appealing aroma and colour. Mirchi ka salan is the perfect side dish to pair with your biryani. Phirni is yet another Hyderabadi delight that has a simple composition but rich flavours that stay with you forever. Created using rice and milk, this dessert is specially served during Ramadan. The well-seasoned Boti Kebab is the perfect snack option that will surely impress you with its flavours.
Popular restaurants in Hyderabad
- Shah Ghouse: Shah Ghouse is the perfect place to indulge in the mouth-watering flavours of the world-famous Hyderabadi Biryani. Haleem is also a must-try dish offered by this restaurant. Located in Taj Falaknuma,
- Adaa: Adaa is another spectacular dining place that will sweep you off your feet with its diverse menu and pleasant ambience.
- Churrolto: The Churrolto is a must-visit spot for all dessert lovers. Located in Film Nagar, this place offers scrumptious Churros dipped in heavenly sauces.
- Dimmy Pan Palaces: Complete your trip by relishing the refreshing flavours of Dimmy Pan Palace's paan. From Fire Paan to Calcutta Paan, this place is all you need to complete your food-oriented trip to Hyderabad.
Related travel blogs