Top weekend getaways from Pantnagar
There are numerous amazing tourist destinations situated in close proximity to Pantnagar. Some of the best weekend getaway options from this town include:
- Haldwani: Situated just 26.9 km away from Pantnagar, Haldwani is known as the largest city in the Kumaon region. Also referred to as the ‘gateway to Kumaon’, it features overwhelming natural beauty and a serene atmosphere. With lush green forests, gushing rivers and majestic mountains, this beautiful city is perched at an altitude of 424 m above sea level. Also, the city is popular amongst tourists for its vibrant culture, delicious food and stunning architecture.
- Nainital: Surrounded by the majestic Himalayas, Nainital is a gorgeous hill station located at a distance of 69.7 km from Pantnagar. With sparkling lakes, enchanting waterfalls, exotic wildlife and lush green landscapes, it is nothing short of a paradise for nature lovers. Attracting thousands of tourists in all seasons, Nainital offers so many exciting activities to indulge in such as boating, camping, trekking and hiking.
- Sattal: Located at an elevation of 1219 m, Sattal is a magical tourist destination situated just 65.7 km away from Pantnagar. Renowned for being home to seven beautiful lakes, it features a lush cover of towering pine and oak trees. Serving as an excellent spot for birdwatching, camping and exploring wildlife, it is also home to the famous Butterfly Museum and Methodist Ashram.
- Naukuchiatal: Located at a distance of 60.7 km from Pantnagar, Naukuchiatal is a mesmerizing lake town that radiates peace and serenity. Surrounded by the towering Himalayan mountains, this gorgeous hill station is home to charming valleys, idyllic lakes and prosperous wildlife. With a vibrant lifestyle and picturesque landscapes, it serves as an amazing retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Mukteshwar: Nestled amidst rolling hills and thick greenery, Mukteshwar is a breathtaking holiday destination that attracts thousands of tourists all year long. Whether you are an active traveller with a taste for trekking or just someone who wants to relax in the lap of nature, Mukteshwar is an excellent place to visit for tourists from all walks of life. Also, the place is renowned for housing the famous Mukteshwar Dham temple, which is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Places to eat in Pantnagar
Uttarakhand is widely known for its delicious local cuisine. Pantnagar is home to numerous cafes and restaurants that serve a wide range of international cuisines as well as delicious local delicacies. So, here are some of the best places to eat in and around Pantnagar.
- Bistro Hotel and Restaurant: This restaurant serves a wide range of North Indian delicacies and is suitable for both vegetarian and non-vegetarian people.
- Apriqot Café and Restaurant: With quaint décor, this café serves delicious Indian, Chinese and Italian food. It also offers a wide range of vegan options.
- The Hunger Garage: This contemporary restaurant is known for its great service and stylish décor. It serves delicious and unique fusion cuisine for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians.
- Infinity Lounge and Restaurant: With well-lit, glamorous interiors and intimate seating arrangements, this amazing restaurant serves North Indian cuisines and is an excellent place to have a good time with friends and family.
- Sky 9: This beautiful and spacious restaurant is open for dinner, breakfast and lunch. Serving Indian food, it has a spectacular ambience, making it a great place to hang out.
Shopping in Pantnagar
No trip can be considered complete without a little retail therapy. So, here are some of the best places to shop in and around Pantnagar.
- Metropolis Shopping Mall: From clothes and accessories to food and entertainment, there is nothing you can’t get in Metropolis Shopping Mall. It is home to several shops and eateries to make the shopping experience complete.
- Regalo Mines: This is another one of the best shopping malls in the area you can visit for shopping, dining and entertainment.
Where to stay in Pantnagar?
Pantnagar offers an array of accommodation options ranging from luxury hotels to standard guesthouses and resorts. If you are looking for more variety, then you can also choose to stay in Rudrapur, which is situated just a short drive away from this town. So, here are some of the best accommodation options available in Pantnagar.
- Radisson BLU Metropolis: Situated at a short distance from Pantnagar Airport, this luxurious hotel has everything from chic guest rooms and cutting-edge business services to an on-site spa and fitness centre.
- Ginger Hotel: Listed amongst the most popular hotels in Pantnagar, Ginger Hotel is home to 98 elegantly furnished rooms. It provides guests with a plethora of amenities to make their stay comfortable.
- Rosewood Apartment Hotel: Located strategically to provide easy access to everything Pantnagar has to offer, this hotel features fully furnished apartments for guests.
More reasons to visit/Top things to do in Pantnagar
There is no shortage of amazing tourist destinations near Pantnagar. During your visit to this amazing town, you can take part in one of the many activities available at these destinations like:
- Explore the wildlife at Jim Corbett National Park: Situated just 83.1 km away from Pantnagar, Jim Corbett National Park is one of the best places to come across the mighty Bengal tigers. Home to numerous species of exotic birds and animals, this place allows you to indulge in enjoyable activities like elephant safari, jeep safari, fishing, rafting and trekking.
- Go boating at Bhimtal Lake: Known for being the biggest lake in the Kumaon region, Bhimtal Lake houses diverse aquatic life. Located at a distance of 55.3 km from Pantnagar, Bhimtal not only offers you a chance to go boating but also has a number of fascinating tourist attractions like Bhimtal Lake Aquarium, Victoria Dam and Bhimeshwar Mahadev Temple.
- Enjoy trekking in Binsar: Featuring the beautiful Jhandi Hills, Binsar is a paradise for trekking enthusiasts. Located 139 km away from Pantnagar, it is home to a number of beautiful, challenging and serene trekking trails.
- Explore colourful orchards in Ramgarh: Ramgarh is a beautiful hill station renowned for being home to numerous verdant apple, pear, apricot and peach orchards. Situated at a distance of 86 km from Pantnagar, this magical destination has also served as a home to Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
Festivals in Pantnagar
All through the year, the state of Uttarakhand witnesses joyful celebrations of a myriad of festivals. Many of these festivals are enthusiastically celebrated in the town of Pantnagar. Some of these festivals include:
- Harela: It is a festival of greenery, prosperity, environmental conservation and peace. Celebrated in the month of Shravan, the people of Pantnagar devotedly worship Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati during this festival. A range of local dishes are prepared in households and people make clay idols of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
- Ganga Dussehra: Also known as Dasar Festival, Ganga Dussehra is a ten-day-long festival observed in the months of May or June. It is dedicated to the River Ganga as it is believed that the holy river descended from heaven to Earth on this day. During this festival, devotees can be seen meditating on the banks of the River Ganga and taking a sacred dip to cleanse themselves of their sins.
Domestic flight booking with IndiGo is an excellent way to avail attractive offers on Pantnagar flight tickets.