We, at IndiGo, are continually working towards measures and services to strengthen air travel as the safest choice for travellers. Thus, introducing our all-new 6E Double Seat service which will provide a stress-free flying experience to our customers. With this service, customers can book two seats for one person. So, book your upcoming flight with our 6E Double Seat service when you need peace of mind, space for your old guitar or anything else.
Extra seat(s) cannot be booked for flights within 24 hours.
Select 6E Double Seat option for each passenger at the time of searching a flight.
Add 6E Double Seat option with one of the passengers.
Select a seat of your choice and click on Continue to proceed.
Your 6E Double Seat has been successfully applied and your booking is complete.
If you wish to book with our 6E Double Seat service, select the number of Double seats (per passenger), and Double Seat(s) drop-down at the time of searching for a flight.
For a stress-free flying experience, check out our all-new 6E Double Seat service. With this service, customers can book two seats for one person.
Passenger(s) can book maximum up to four (4) extra seat in a single PNR.
6E Double seat will offer a 10 Kg additional baggage allowance and an option to check-in 2 pieces baggage without any charges.
With 6E Double Seat service, only one boarding pass will be generated.
Only 1 extra seat per passenger can be booked under 6E Double Seat service.
Yes, you can! While booking a flight, you will get an option of choosing your preferred seat; you can easily opt for the seat of your choice and convenience.
1. Eligibility: An extra seat may be purchased by a passenger in conjunction with a booking proposed to be made by a passenger on an IndiGo Flight (“Double Seat”). The passenger whose details are filled in at the time of making a booking is also mandatorily required to travel on the itinerary booked.
2. Booking Channel: The Double Seat may be purchased from IndiGo’s website www.goindigo.in only, at time of making the original booking.
3. Manner of Use:
(a)While making a booking, the customer is required to select the number of Double Seat(s) required, from the passenger(s) and Double Seat(s) drop down list on the homepage. Double Seats are subject to availability and at the sole discretion of IndiGo on first come first served basis. If the inventory is exhausted under this category, a customer may choose to fly on a different flight or on a different date in order to check for an available option.
(b) Only one Double Seat can be associated with a passenger on the Passenger details page. A Passenger whose details have been entered at the time of booking is mandatorily required to travel on the itinerary booked, whether individually or along with other persons travelling on the same PNR. In case of a ‘no show’ or cancellation of the booking by the passenger, the Double Seat will also get canceled, and other passengers on the same PNR will not be allowed to utilize the Double Seat.
4. Applicability and Exclusions: Applicable on one-way, round-trip and multi-city bookings for domestic travel on all direct and through flights. A Double Seat may be purchased upto 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight. Purchase of a Double Seat is not applicable to IndiGo’s group bookings. A Double Seat may only be purchased for the same flight and same date. Any purchase of a Double Seat by a customer, as part of round-trip or multi- city booking will be applicable for the whole trip and cannot be purchased for only one leg of a round-trip or multi- city booking. For example, on a Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi, ticket, the Double Seat will need to be purchased for both, Delhi –Mumbai and Mumbai- Delhi. If a customer, proposes to purchase a Double Seat only for one leg of a trip, the bookings for the trip should be made individually.
5. Changes/Cancelation in Booking: The reservation booked along with Double Seat cannot be modified. For any modifications, a customer shall be required to cancel and making a booking afresh. Charges on account of cancellation will apply to Double Seats. Cancellation of Double Seat (s) opted for in the Booking can be done in conjunction with the associated passenger(s) only (and not in isolation) by paying applicable charges for both seats. In case the flight is canceled or rescheduled by IndiGo, a customer can use ‘Plan B’ at no additional cost. Changes are subject to available inventory.
6. Non-transferrable and Not Cashable: A Double Seat cannot be transferred to another passenger in a Booking and may not be encashed.
7. Add On Services: ‘Add On Services’ can be purchased on a per passenger basis and do not apply to the Double Seat, however 6E Flex add-on if selected will also be added to the double seat and corresponding charges for the same will be applicable. Seat selection is a mandatory process when a Double Seat is purchased and a passenger can only opt for an adjacent seat as the ‘Double Seat’ available in the relevant flight. The applicable fee for seat selection will also apply to the Double Seat purchased. For example, Seat fee for 2 Adults X 350 + 1 Double Seat X 350
8. Baggage Allowance: There is no separate check-in baggage allowance for Double Seats however an additional 10 kgs allowance will be provided for the entire block of Double Seats. Please click here for the current baggage allowance and the applicable excess baggage rates. Excess baggage cannot be bought for Double Seats.
9. Seat Baggage: A Double Seat may also be booked to secure carriage of specific articles /belongings such as expensive or fragile articles such as antiques, artifacts, heirlooms or non-bulky musical instruments. Small musical instruments may be carried in the aircraft cabin, subject to permissible dimensions and weight limits for cabin baggage. All such baggage shall be subject to security clearance in order to be fit for carriage in the cabin. The following additional conditions apply to the carriage of baggage on the seat:
(a) The overall weight for seat baggage must not exceed 165 pounds (75 kgs);
(b) The specific article is required to be packaged or covered in a manner in order to ensure there is no risk of injury to other customers;
(c) The specific article will be secured in the Double Seat purchased and properly secured by a seat belt to avoid any movement during the flight;
(d) The placement of the article on the Double Seat will not be permitted to restrict access to, or use of, any regular or emergency exit or aisle of the cabin, or obscure any passenger's view of the "seat belt," "no smoking" or "exit" signage; and
(e) A Double Seat that is an aisle seat, may not be utilized for seat baggage.
10. Fees & Charges: Charges for a Double Seat are dynamic. No airport charges and fees are applicable to it. Convenience Fee and GST is applicable for each Double Seat purchased.
11. Check – in Conditions: A passenger may web check-in 48hrs prior to departure. Web check-in cannot be done in isolation for the Double Seat. After checking-in, the boarding pass will reflect 1 passenger with 2 seats and “EXST” as an SSR identifier.
12. Conditions of Carriage: All IndiGo flight bookings made under this Offer shall be subject to IndiGo’s Conditions of Carriage (“CoC”) available at https://www.goindigo.in/information/conditions-of-carriage.html. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall supersede anything contained in the CoC and in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with the CoC, the CoC shall prevail.
13. Right to withdraw: IndiGo reserves the right to withdraw or modify these terms, at any time, at its absolute discretion, without assigning any reason and without prior intimation.
14. Governing Law: This Offer will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, and all matters related to this Offer are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at New Delhi.
Customer Consent: The Customer: (i) unconditionally and irrevocably agrees to these terms and conditions; and (ii) consents that all information provided by the customer may be shared by IndiGo with its agents, representatives, service providers, employees, and may be used to send promotional information pertaining to IndiGo to the customer, in future.