Conditions of Carriage
The capitalized terms used in these Conditions of Carriage will have the meanings ascribed to them below.
- “Baggage” – means the Customer’s personal property carried along by him/her in connection with the trip to be undertaken. Unless otherwise specified, it consists of both Checked-in Baggage and Hand Baggage.
- "Baggage Check" – means the tag/receipt issued by IndiGo to a Customer that relates to the carriage of the Customer’s Checked-in Baggage and is affixed to the boarding pass.
- "Baggage Identification Tag" – means a document issued solely for identification of Checked-in Baggage and is attached to each such Checked-in Baggage.
- "Booking" – means a booking made in IndiGo’s database subject to the receipt by IndiGo, of the full payment, which is the primary record of the reservation.
- "Checked-in Baggage" – means such Baggage which is carried by IndiGo for the Customer, and for which IndiGo has issued a Baggage Check to the Customer upon check-in. Checked-in Baggage cannot be carried as a hand Baggage by the Customer.
- “CGST” – means tax leviable on provision of goods and services under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
- "Conditions of Carriage" – means these conditions, i.e. the contract which governs the carriage of Customers on IndiGo Carriers for domestic air travel and terms of Bookings made by Customers, as are available on IndiGo’s website and are incorporated by reference in the Itinerary/Receipt/Invoice delivered with the Customer’s Booking and notices or communications provided to Customers from time to time. The Conditions of Carriage are subject to changes as may be introduced by IndiGo from time to time.
- "Confirmed Booking" – means the confirmation of a Booking generated to the Customer upon receipt of full payment from the Customer in respect of his/her Booking, and the issuance of a valid confirmation number or PNR by IndiGo or a Travel Partner, as the case may be.
- "Connected Segments" – means the connectivity offered by IndiGo between two Flight Segments operated by IndiGo.
- “Credit Note” – means a document issued by IndiGo pursuant to any adjustment in the taxable value of services provided or to be provided by it to the Customer including any adjustment on account of cancellation of booking, special service requests, etc. as per the applicable policy.
- "Customer" – means any person, except members of the crew, carried or to be carried in an aircraft by IndiGo pursuant to a Confirmed Booking.
- "Damage" – includes death or bodily injury to a Customer, loss of or other damage to Baggage, arising out of or in connection with carriage performed by IndiGo pursuant to a Confirmed Booking.
- "Fees" – means charges which are applicable for the provision of service by IndiGo.
- "Flight Segment" – means a single take-off and landing.
- "Force Majeure" – means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond IndiGo’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised.
- “GST” - means tax leviable on provision of goods and services and includes SGST or CGST or UTGST or IGST or a combination thereof.
- “GSTIN” means a unique goods and services tax identification number issued to the person duly registered under the GST regulations.
- "Hand Baggage" – means any of the Customer’s Baggage other than Checked-in Baggage, which the Customer is permitted to carry with him/her in the flight in accordance with the Conditions of Carriage and other regulations of the applicable regulatory and statutory authorities and applicable laws.
- “IGST” – means tax leviable on provision of goods and services under the Integrated Goods and Service Tax Act, 2017.
- “INR” - means Indian Rupees, the lawful currency of Republic of India.
- “Invoice” - means invoice issued by IndiGo in relation to a Confirmed Booking which shall be sent to the Customer and/or the GSTIN holder, in accordance with the GST regulations.
- "Itinerary/Receipt" – means a document or documents that IndiGo issues to Customers travelling with a valid Booking, that contains the Customer’s name, flight information, Booking reference number, Conditions of Carriage extract and/or link and notices.
- "PNR" – means a Passenger’s Name Record, which is a unique Booking reference number which identifies the Customer’s Booking in IndiGo’s database for a Flight Segment or combination of Flight Segments.
- “Passenger Service Fee” or "PSF" – means the Passenger Service Fee which is imposed per Customer per Sector. IndiGo collects the PSF from the Customers as applicable on behalf of the airport operators. The PSF as applicable at the time of making the Booking shall apply.
- "Sector" – means one or more consecutive Flight Segments having the same flight number.
- “SGST” – means tax leviable on provision of goods and services under the State Goods and Service Tax Acts of the respective state in India.
- "Stopover" – means a scheduled stop on the Customer’s journey, at a point between the place of departure and the place of destination.
- "Tariff" – means the published fares, GST, fees & charges, airport levies and/or related Conditions of Carriage of IndiGo.
- "Travel Partner" – means a travel agency that makes Bookings for air travel and other ancillary services for IndiGo flights.
- “User Development Fee” or "UDF" – means the User Development Fee as imposed by the relevant airport authority at certain airports in India. The UDF as applicable at the time of making the Booking shall apply.
- “UTGST”- means tax leviable on provision of goods and services under Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 with respect to the relevant union territory of India.
- "We" / "our" / "ourselves" / "us" / "Carrier" / "IndiGo" – means InterGlobe Aviation Limited.
- "Website" – means the internet site www.goindigo.in provided by IndiGo on which the Customers can make Bookings and also to access information about IndiGo.
These Conditions of Carriage shall apply only if the origin and destination of a Flight Segment is within India. In case of an international Flight Segment of a connection to or from an international destination, the Conditions of Carriage for international travel will apply.
These Conditions of Carriage are applicable unless they are inconsistent with IndiGo’s Tariffs or applicable law in which event such Tariffs or relevant applicable laws shall prevail. If any provision of these Conditions of Carriage is invalid under any applicable law, the other provisions shall nevertheless remain valid irrespective of such invalid provision. Except as provided in these Conditions of Carriage, in the event of inconsistency between these Conditions of Carriage and any other regulations that IndiGo may have, dealing with particular subjects, these Conditions of Carriage shall prevail.
The Booking (and the resultant PNR generated thereafter) upon receipt of full payment for such Booking constitutes prima facie evidence of the contract of carriage between IndiGo and the Customer named on the Booking. IndiGo will permit carriage only to the Customer(s) named in the Booking subject to the appropriate, valid and applicable identification proof being produced at the time of travel and any other requirements imposed by law, regulations or IndiGo’s policies.
IndiGo is a ticket-less airline. IndiGo offers a printed Itinerary with a PNR and the details of the reservation. An Itinerary does not constitute a document of carriage. The Booking in our database is the primary record of carriage and in the event of any differences between the Itinerary and the Booking in our database, the Booking and its terms will prevail.
Some Bookings can be made at discounted fares which may be partially or completely non-refundable.
IndiGo does not issue open Bookings, i.e. a Booking is required to have a specific date for travel and cannot be booked in an open-ended manner.
Bookings and payments can be made at the following points of sale:
- On our Website
- Using free IndiGo Mobile App available on IOS and Android
- By contacting the 24/7 IndiGo Call Centre: (0) 99 10 38 38 38 or +911246613838
- IndiGo Airport Counters or
- Travel Partners.
Customers using our Website and/or traveling with IndiGo agree to these Conditions of Carriage that are available on our Website or referred to in the Itinerary/Receipt.
IndiGo accepts Diner Club, MasterCard, VISA, Amex & Rupay cards at the IndiGo call centre and on our Website and Mobile native applications for Android, IOS and Windows devices. Customers should carry the credit card, or a copy of the credit card duly signed by the card holder, at the time of check-in. Debit cards of select banks (both Indian and International) are also accepted. The usage of these cards for payment is governed by the terms and conditions of the respective bank or company issuing such card, as the case may be. IndiGo does not accept personal cheques towards Booking payments.
Bookings may be made by cash payment at IndiGo’s airport counters however cash payment for more than INR 2,00,000 (Rupees two lacs) against 1 PNR will not be accepted under any circumstances.
The Invoice shall be sent to the email address and in the name of the first passenger, mentioned in the Itinerary. In case of a Booking made by a GSTIN holder, the Invoice shall be sent in the name of the GSTIN holder and to the email address mentioned while providing the GSTIN information at the time of Booking. Additionally, passengers may download the Invoice using their PNR number on the IndiGo website www.goindigo.in. Invoices shall be only in INR, even in cases where the payment is made in a currency other than INR.
GST may also be applicable on any special services requested by the Customer at applicable rates in accordance with applicable law.
For Cards issued outside India:
Customers who have used such cards for making a Booking may receive a verification call. Customers travelling on such Bookings are requested to carry the card or the copy of card used for making the reservation at the time of check-in. If the transaction remains unverified, the amount will be refunded and an email notification will be sent to make the payment towards such Booking through the prescribed alternate modes within the stipulated time, failing which the reservation may be cancelled.
We strongly recommend that Customers check their Itinerary for accuracy, and verify their itinerary 24 to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight on our Website or the Call Center.
IndiGo can provide travel certificate / proof of travel at a nominal charge of INR 200 (inclusive of GST) per person per sector.
Lite Fare (Inclusive of GST)
Regular Fare (Inclusive of GST)
Flexible Fare (Inclusive of GST)
Checked in Baggage Allowance
NIL. In case the Customer reports with baggage at the airport, a fee of INR 200 will be charged at the airport for 15 KGS baggage allowance.
For Baggage above 15 KGS excess baggage charges as per policy will be applicable.
Hand Baggage Allowance
1 Bag of up to 7 KG
1 Bag of up to 7 KG
1 Bag of up to 7 KG
INR 2250 Per Person/Per Sector
INR 2250 Per Person Per Sector
Change fees is NIL for any number of changes; fare difference will be charged.
INR 2250 Per Person Per Sector
INR 2250 Per Person Per Sector
INR 2250 Per Person Per Sector
Change/ Cancellation allowed till
2 hours before the departure of flight. For change/ cancellation done within 2 hours, no show charges will apply.
2 hours before the departure of flight. For change/ cancellation done within 4 hours, no show charges will apply.
2 hours before the departure of flight. For change/ cancellation done within 4 hours, no show charges will apply.
Domestic only, subject to availability. Not available on connections
Travel date should be at least 15 days from the date of Booking
All domestic & international flights
All domestic & international flights except connecting flights
Once a Confirmed Booking is made, the IndiGo’s fares paid are refundable, along with the Government and Airport Fees / levies, subject to IndiGo’s change or cancellation rules and fees. If the Customer does not check in for a flight at least forty-five (45) minutes prior to its scheduled departure time, the total amount for the Confirmed Booking will be forfeited. The Customers are, however, always entitled to a refund of the Government and Airport Fees such as PSF, UDF etc. if charged from the Customer. Please click here to claim your airport fees & levies
IndiGo allows cancellations or changes to be made subject to the following:
- Changes / cancellations to Booking must be made at least two (2) hours prior to scheduled departure time of the said Booking.
- IndiGo shall retain a Change/Cancellation Fees as per terms and conditions agreed at the time of making the reservation, in accordance to DGCA CAR Section 3 Series M, Part II . The amount of change/cancellation will be as per the booked fare type as mentioned in section 5.2 and the fare rules. This fee will be deducted from the total amount of IndiGo’s fares, and the remainder is refundable to the Customers (in the case of cancellation) or may be applied to the Customer’s changed Booking (in the case of a change).
Time duration of Change/Cancellation
Applicable Fee (for Bookings made w.ef 1st April 2016) (Inclusive of GST)
Upto 2 hours before scheduled departure
2250 or base fare plus fuel surcharge whichever is less
0-2 hours before scheduled departure
No show charges
- IndiGo does not allow name changes to a Booking already made. A spelling correction (Eg Mishra spelt as Misra) can be done by calling us at 9910383838.
In the case of changes to a Booking already made, the residual amount (i.e. after the deduction of the applicable fee per Customer per Sector fee mentioned above) will be applied to the changed Itinerary. Changes to the Itinerary will be made at prevailing prices at the time of the change. If the residual amount is less than the price of the changed Itinerary, the Customer will be required to pay the difference.
In the case of a changed Itinerary where the residual amount is greater than the price of the new Itinerary, or in the case of a cancellation of a Booking already made, the Customer will receive the balance amount (i.e. after the deduction of the applicable fee per Customer per Sector mentioned above and the cost of the new Itinerary, if applicable) as a refund or, at the option of the Customer, credit in the Customer’s name, which can be used for future travel on IndiGo by the Customer himself for up to one year from the date of the cancellation.
In case the Customer desires refund against the residual value after deduction of the applicable fee, will be made available as per the following:
- For Bookings made through credit cards/debit cards either online on web portal or through IVR at the Call Centre/airport counters, the refund will be processed back to the credit card or debit card (as the case may be) in seven working days from the date of refund request.
- For Bookings made through Net Banking online on our website, refunds will be processed to the same bank account and will reflect within 7 working days.
- For Bookings made through Travel Partners or online travel portals, the refund may be claimed from the respective Travel Partners/ Portals.
- For Bookings made by cash at the airport, the refund will be processed at the respective airport and can be collected therefrom.
- American Express cards- The refund done to American Express cards may take 21 working days to reflect back into the account from the date of request.
Bookings are not transferable and any such refund upon cancellation will be made only to the Customer through the process set out above.
If any change in Itinerary results in a change or adjustment in price/value, a revised Invoice/Credit Note, whichever is applicable, will be issued to the Customer.
IndiGo may refuse refund when application thereof is made after the expiry of the validity of the Booking. As per DGCA all Bookings paid by cash using old Rs. 500/ Rs. 1,000 currency notes, between 9th Nov’16 & 2nd Dec’16 are strictly non-refundable, non-cancellation till further notice.
Airfare Charges are inclusive of the following components:
- Base Fare
- Fuel Charges
- Common User Terminal Equipment (CUTE) Charges
Airfare Charges apply only for carriage from the airport at the point of origin to the airport at the point of destination, unless otherwise expressly stated. Airfare Charges do not include ground transport service between airports and / or between airports and town terminals. The Customer’s Airfare Charges will be calculated in accordance with IndiGo’s Tariff in effect on the date of payment for travel on the specific dates and Itinerary shown on it. Any change in the Itinerary or dates of travel, may result in a change in the Airfare Charges to be paid.
All our Bookings are subject to the Conditions of Carriage. However, our special airfare charges have certain additional terms and conditions attached to them. In the event Booking is made on the special airfare charges, except to the extent specified otherwise in the additional terms and conditions governing the special air fares charges, these Conditions of Carriage shall apply in its entirety.
Airfare Charges booked through our Website or on IndiGo’s mobile app (available on Play store and App store) are bound by the same terms and conditions as those of all other Bookings.
IndiGo offers Airfare Charges on a one-way basis for ease of purchase. Certain promotional Airfare Charges require a round-trip itinerary and once purchased do not allow partial cancellation of the itinerary. Customers shall always refer to detailed Airfare Charges rules at time of making the Booking.
All Airfare Charges are quoted in Indian Rupees (INR).
Please note that certain Airfare Charges may have conditions which limit or exclude the Customer’s right to change or cancel Bookings.
Airfare Charges are subject to change without notice.
Once purchased, the Airfare Charges will not change, provided, however, that if the Customer requests for a subsequent change in the Booking or routing, revised Airfare Charges may be applicable.
A Booking is valid from the date the Booking was made until the last commencement date of travel thereon. Unused Bookings or portions thereof, are non-refundable and will expire in accordance with these Conditions of Carriage. Customers who fail to check-in and travel on a Confirmed Booking on the date of travel shall be treated as a no-show Customer.
A person shall not be entitled to be carried on an IndiGo flight unless that person presents a valid Itinerary, duly issued in accordance with these Conditions of Carriage.
IndiGo from time to time introduces/offers certain add-on services inter-alia including seat selection, pre-paid meals or additional excess Baggage allowance, at the time of Booking. Such services shall be governed by the respective terms and conditions for such add-on services mentioned at the relevant sections of the Website.
The amount of any applicable taxes, duties, fees, charges or surcharges payable by the Customer is calculated as on the date of Booking. If there is a change in an existing tax, duty, fee, charges or surcharge, or a new tax, duty, fee, charges or surcharge is imposed, after the date of Booking, the Customer will not be obliged to pay such tax, duty, fee, charges or surcharge, or a new tax, duty, fee, charges or surcharge or get a refund as the case may be, unless:
a) The Customer decides to change the date of travel which requires rebooking, or
b) The tax, duty, fee, charges, surcharge (including UDF) is to be paid to or is on behalf of a regulatory authority.
The total fare payable to IndiGo per Booking, per Customer, per Sector includes four components: basic fare, taxes imposed by the Government, surcharges that are imposed by IndiGo, and fees & charges imposed by the Government and/or Airports.
Please note that these fare components may undergo a change at any time without notice.
Currently IndiGo’s fares include:
- Airline fuel Charges
- CUTE Charges
The airline fuel charges will vary depending on the Sector, date of Booking, and the actual date of travel.
The CUTE Charges are levied at select airports for usage of Common User Terminal Equipment (CUTE) services. For flights departing from Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Mumbai, Kochi, Delhi 1D, Delhi T3, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Goa, Srinagar, Coimbatore, Thiruvananthapuram and Varanasi a fee of INR 50 per Customer (inclusive of GST), per sector shall be applicable for all Bookings.
A convenience fee, as mentioned in table below,- per person per flight for all Net banking and - Credit Cards/Debit Cards is collected by the airlines for establishing, maintaining and operating the online flight booking system, to enable the passengers to book the air tickets online while using a Credit/Debit card/Net Banking. This fee includes the charges paid by the airlines to the concerned Bank (varies from one Bank to another) for availing of such facility.
|Currency||Convenience Fee (Per passenger per segment)|
A Booking Fee of INR 200 (inclusive of GST, if applicable) per passenger per sector (or equivalent) will be applicable for all Bookings made from the Call Center and Airport ticketing counter.
For Customers who request for print-outs of the itinerary at the airport reservations counter, an additional fee of INR 50 per print-out (inclusive of GST, if applicable) will apply.
Please also note that some services may require additional fees not mentioned above.
Fares, taxes, fees and charges are payable in the currency chosen by the Customer or the Travel Partner while making the Booking. The Customer or Travel Partner can choose only from the options provided by IndiGo. Please note that certain fees and charges for currencies other than INR are fixed in the respective currencies, and may not match with the amount obtained by directly converting the INR fee or Charges with the exchange rate. Currently we are not accepting USD currency through American Express Cards.
Requirements, Personal Data and Seating arrangements
Certain fares have conditions which limit or exclude the Customer’s right to change or cancel reservations.
IndiGo requests that at the point of reservation, the Customer provides the airline or its Travel Partner with a contact number (valid mobile number) for each city in the Customer’s Itinerary including the applicable country and area codes. This will assist IndiGo in informing Customers of any /changes with a flight on which they are booked.
With effect from 1 July, 2017, there is a requirement of providing the GSTIN or the UIN (Unique Identification Number) of the Customer who would be claiming input tax credit. IndiGo requests the Customer at the point of reservation to provide the GSTIN applicable. Only single GSTIN can be mentioned against one PNR. GST shall be computed on the basis of GSTIN provided by the Customer. Once PNR is generated, no changes to GSTIN will be allowed. Further, no addition/deletion of GSTIN/UIN can be made to the existing PNR.
The Customer recognizes that personal data has been given to IndiGo for the purposes of making a Booking, obtaining and for providing ancillary services or products that may be offered by IndiGo and/or its service partners from time to time, developing and providing services, facilitating immigration and entry procedures, and making available such data to government agencies, in connection with the Customer’s travel. The Customer consents that such personal data may be used by IndiGo or its partners to check online credit/debit/identity fraud and also to improve the experience of the Customers with IndiGo. For these purposes, the Customer authorizes IndiGo to retain and use such data and to transmit it to the own offices, Travel Partners, government agencies, other carriers, the providers of the above-mentioned services, authorized third parties. The Customer also recognizes that IndiGo and / or its service partners may contact them via email or other means to inform them of account status or changes or alterations to the service, or to inform them of other services provided or contemplated or promotional schemes etc.
IndiGo offers assigned seating at airport check-in counters. For preferential seating, IndiGo offers advanced seat assignment through its service ‘Seat Plus’ at the time of making a Booking or after Booking. Certain Premium Seats may have a fee associated with them. Rows 1-4 and 11-14 will serve as "Quiet Zones". These seats will primarily only be assigned to passengers above 12 years of age.
Checking-In and Boarding Details
Customers shall not be entitled to be allowed to travel on an IndiGo flight unless they present a valid Itinerary, duly issued in accordance with the Conditions of Carriage.
All Customers, including children and infants, must present valid photo identification, in original at the time of check-in. The Customers must ensure that they have valid travel documents at all times.
Besides valid photo identification, Customers may be required to present the credit / debit card or a signed photocopy of the credit / debit card used to pay for the Booking, at the time of check-in.
For Indian Nationals, the following documents are considered as valid photo identification:
- Valid passport,
- Valid driving license,
- Election photo ID,
- PAN card issued by the Income Tax Department,
- Photo ID issued by the employer (where the employer is a government entity),
- In case of children, their school photo ID cards or any other photo ID,
- For infants, their valid birth certificate or passport.
For any other nationality only passport, in original will be considered as the only valid photo identification.
Customers who cannot provide sufficient identification will be denied boarding at the Customer’s sole risk and liability and IndiGo shall not be held liable for such denial or any consequences resulting therefrom.
IndiGo recommends that Customers report for Check-in at least 2 hours prior to the departure of the scheduled flight. The Customer’s journey will be smoother if they allow themselves ample time to comply with the Check-in timelines. IndiGo reserves the right to cancel a Customer’s reservation if he/she does not comply with the check-in timelines.
Check-in closes 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.
Customers who have booked on our website www.goindigo.in will be automatically checked-in. Other Customers can check-in on our website anytime up to 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure of the said flight.
Customers are requested to report 2 hours prior to departure time at Srinagar and Jammu airports for check-in due to extra security measures.
Failure to complete the check in formalities within the stipulated time limit would result in forfeiture of the Booking amount. The Booking would be declared a “No show” and the Customer would not be entitled to a refund or a credit. However, only the PSF and UDF may be refunded to the Customer upon request made by the Customer to IndiGo.
Customers must ensure that there is enough time gap between two flights while making a Booking involving a change of airplanes or carriers at a point of Stopover. IndiGo will not be liable in any manner, if the Customer misses his/her connecting flight as a result of any delay in IndiGo’s flight due to any reason whatsoever.
In order to maintain schedules, the boarding gate will be closed 25 minutes prior to the departure time. The Customers must be present at the boarding gate not later than the time specified by IndiGo when they check in or any subsequent announcements made at the airport. Any Customer failing to report at the boarding within the aforesaid timelines shall be treated as a “Gate No Show” and the ticket amount for such Booking shall be forfeited by the Company. The Customers are, however, entitled to a refund of the Government and Airport Fees and/or taxes (if applicable).
IndiGo may refuse carriage of the Customer or the Customer’s Baggage if in the exercise of its discretion, it is determined that:
- Such action is necessary in order to comply with any applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state or country to be flown from, into or over,
- The Customer’s conduct, status, age, mental or physical condition and/or the condition or state of the Customer’s Baggage is such:
- as to cause reasonable fear of harm to other Customers, or to our crew or the aircraft or safety in general, or
- that the Customer may pose a hazard or risk to himself, other persons or to property.
- The Customer has committed misconduct on a previous flight and there is a reasonable likelihood that such conduct may be repeated,
- The Customer has not observed, or is likely to fail to observe, our instructions,
- The Customer has refused to submit to a security check,
- The Customer fails to observe IndiGo’s instructions with respect to safety or security,
- The applicable fare or any charges or taxes payable by the Customer, have not been paid,
- The payment of the Customer’s fare is fraudulent,
- The Customer does not have proper and/or adequate travel documentation,
- The Customer has failed to complete the Check-In timeline or failed to arrive at the boarding gate on time,
- The Booking of our seat has been done fraudulently or unlawfully, or has been purchased for a person not authorized by us,
- The credit card by which the payment was made by the Customer, has been lost or stolen,
- The Itinerary or the Booking is counterfeit or has been obtained fraudulently,
- The Itinerary has been altered by anyone other than IndiGo or its Travel Partners, or has been mutilated (in which case, we reserve the right to retain such document), and/or
- The person checking in or boarding, cannot prove that he/she is the person named as the Customer on the Itinerary (in which case, we reserve the right to retain such Itinerary).
- No Customer shall on board an aircraft -
- assault, intimidate or threaten, whether physically or verbally, a crew member which may interfere with the performance of the duties of the crew member or lessens the ability of the crew member to perform those duties.
- refuse to follow a lawful instruction given by the Pilot-in-Command, or on behalf of the Pilot-in-Command by a crew member, for the purpose of ensuring the safety of the aircraft or of any person or property on board or for the purpose of maintaining good order and discipline on board.
- assault, intimidate or threaten, whether physically or verbally, any person,
- intentionally cause damage to or destroy any of property,
- consume alcoholic beverages or drugs,
which is likely to endanger the safety of the aircraft or of any person or jeopardizes the good order and discipline on board the aircraft.
- No person shall smoke:
- in any part of an aircraft or in its vicinity.
- anywhere in an aircraft during take-off, landing or refuelling or during a period in which a notice is temporarily displayed indicating that smoking is prohibited.
- No Customer shall interfere with the pilot or with a member of the operating crew of an aircraft, or tamper with the aircraft or its equipment or conduct himself/herself in a disorderly manner in an aircraft or commit any act likely to imperil the safety of an aircraft or its Customers or crew.
- Use of mobile phones in flight mode is allowed on all phases of the flight. Other PEDs like laptop, electronic entertainment devices are allowed only during cruise.
Flying Solo Service
3. Pregnant Women
4. Safety Assistants
5. Customers with Sensory Impairment
(C)Visual & Hearing Impairment
6. Service Dog
7. Mobility Assistance
8. Wheelchair users or Customers using wheelchairs, Crutches / braces / other prosthetic devices
9. Spinal Support Equipment (SSE)
10. Traveling with broken limbs
11. Customers with Psychiatric or Emotional disorders
12. Customers having Autism or Intellectual Disability
13. Internal Devices
14. Portable oxygen concentrators( POC)
15. Customers with certain adverse medical conditions
16. Customer Grievance Redressal
17. Frequently asked Questions
Seating accommodation & aircraft accessibility for passengers with a disability:
- We will do our best to allocate you a seat that is most suitable to your needs, movable armrest for easy accessibility to the seats However, in order to meet the safety requirements of the DGCA CAR Section 3, Series M, Part I, passengers with mobility issues which make it unsafe to facilitate aircraft evacuations will not be given a seat in a location where they would obstruct emergency exits, impede the crew in their duties, obstruct access to emergency equipment or hinder aircraft evacuation in case of an emergency. To allow us to provide the best assistance, please provide us with as much information as possible at the time of your booking and or at the time of check-in
- A lavatory with a single panel door and additional grab bar is available on all our aircraft. Our cabin crew can provide assistance moving to and from the lavatory door(same as above), but will not be able to assist the Customer inside the lavatory.
For safety reasons, children above the age of seven (7) days and under the age of two (2) years as on the date of travel are regarded as Infants. In the event of a failure to produce a valid proof of age for the Infant, full fare as applicable on the date of travel will be payable for the Infant and the infant will be allowed to travel only subject to availability of seats.
- No extra seats may be booked for Infants.
- Infants cannot travel in their own seat and must be seated in an adult's lap.
- A maximum of one infant per adult is allowed.
- For infants not occupying a seat a fee, as mentioned in Annexure A, per sector is applicable, applicable from time to time.
- Infants are permitted a baggage allowance for hand Baggage only for a maximum weight of 7Kgs
Children above the age of two (2) and below the age of twelve (12) years are regarded as Minors. Children aged between the ages of 2 and 5 must be accompanied by a companion aged 18 years or more.
A child's journey under Flying Solo Service
As a child, travelling alone can be an exciting experience but a parent would need to know and be assured that the child will be taken care of.
IndiGo may, at its sole discretion, accept unaccompanied minors, that is, children aged above5 and below 12 upon payment of an additional fee as mentioned in Annexure A per Sector:
- Please make the child available at the airport at least 2 hours prior to departure.
- A parent or guardian is required to complete a signed form (click here to download the form) at the point of check-in at each departure airport prior to travel, which must include the name and contact numbers for a parent or guardian (above the age of 18) who will meet the unaccompanied minor at the point of arrival;
- Valid photo-ID for both the unaccompanied minor and the parent or guardian is required at the point of check-in;
- A staff member will take the child to the aircraft where our cabin crew will then look after them.
- The parent or guardian must remain at the airport until the flight has departed.
- During the flight our cabin crew will keep an eye on the child and will make sure that they have everything they need.
- Do not worry about the meal, as it is included on our Flying Solo program.
- To make sure that the child has a comfortable flight, the parent is requested to pack medication, warm clothing and a favorite toy or game in their hand baggage.
- If the stopover at transfer station is less than 6 hours and if the child is booked through out on IndiGo, we shall be able to accept the child under Flying Solo Services.
- If the stopover at transfer stations is more than 6 hours and/or involves night halt and/or transfer is on other airline except IndiGo, we shall not be able to accept the child under Flying Solo services. In such cases child must be accompanied by someone who is above the age of 18 years in age.
- When the flight arrives, our ground staff will accompany and assist the child through the airport arrivals process.
- We will only release the child to the care of the nominated adult, after checking their photo ID as per the details mentioned in the form
- Please be available at the arrival hall at least 30 mins prior arrival to receive the child
Age of child
Availing Flying Solo
Under 5 years
Flying solo is unavailable, the child MUST travel with someone over the age of 18 years.
Book Flying Solo and can travel on all flights
The child can travel alone or we would be happy to offer Flying Solo service.
3. Pregnant Women We understand that pregnancy is not a medical condition unless there are known medical complications which can endanger the life of mother or the fetus.
- In case of normal and single pregnancies, expectant mothers till the end of 36 weeks of pregnancy may be permitted to fly on IndiGo flights provided there are no prior complications. Fit to Fly certificate from the treating obstetrician dated not more than 7 days before the date of travel is required only if the pregnancy is between 33rd & 36th week.
- In case of normal and multiple (twins, triplets etc) pregnancies, is between 28th till the 32nd Week. Expectant mothers are allowed to travel only upto 32 weeks of pregnancy with Fit to Fly certificate from the treating obstetrician dated not more than 3 days before the date of travel is required only if the pregnancy is between 28th & 32nd week.
- Expectant mothers beyond 32 weeks of pregnancy shall not be allowed to travel in case of complicated pregnancy. Fit to Fly certificate from the treating obstetrician dated not more than 3 days before the date of travel is required only if the pregnancy is between 28th & 32nd week.
- In addition, medical clearance is given by the company doctor who will discuss the case on an individual basis with the passenger’s doctor/or will check all the medical documents of the passenger (pregnant lady) in case treating obstetrician is not contactable.
4. Safety Assistants
A Safety Assistant is any able-bodied person who assists the Customer with disability to exit the aircraft in case of an emergency evacuation, or to establish communication with cabin crew for the purpose of the required safety briefing.
Who can be a Safety Assistant
- The safety assistant shall be at least 18 years old, physically and mentally able and willing to evacuate the disabled Customer in case of an emergency
Seating of the Safety Assistant
- The Safety Assistant will be seated next to the Customer, in order to assist in case of an emergency. If a safety assistant is accompanying several Customers with disability, the safety assistant will be seated in the same row as the Customer with disability. In case seats are not available in the same row, then the safety assistant is seated in the row immediately in front or behind of the Customer with disability.
Examples of requirement of a safety assistant:
- Customers travelling in a stretcher - The safety assistant must be a medical / paramedical escort. In selected cases IndiGo’s internal physician may permit a non-medical Safety assistant.
- Customers with mental disability who are unable to comprehend or respond appropriately to safety instructions, including the regulatory safety briefing and any other safety related instructions provided in the aircraft.
- Customers with a mobility impairment so severe that the person is unable to physically assist in his or her own evacuation of the aircraft in case of an emergency.
- Customers with severe hearing , vision impairments and speech impairment , (all together) - if the Customer cannot establish some means of communication with the cabin crew that is adequate both to allow transmission of the regulatory safety briefing, and to enable the Customer to assist in his or her own evacuation of the aircraft in the event of an emergency
- Any other disability which IndiGo, in its sole discretion decides may affect the safety of the Customer while on board an aircraft
We at IndiGo are highly committed to Customers’ safety and convenience and making the best of efforts to ensure that all our Customers experience the finest of services on board our planes. Having said that, it is pertinent to mention here that our airline is still in an evolving stage. We have learnt to interact with persons with disability flying with us, however, we are still learning, constantly exploring, and finding ways to serve our Customers better.
At this stage, we are trying our best to gain expertise and competence, thereby enhancing our teams’ awareness & customer handling skills.
In order to make your journey comfortable, we solicit Customers’ support and cooperation. For a Customer travelling alone, should be able to perform the following activities independently:
- Fasten and unfasten seat belt?
- Take out and put on the lifejacket?
- Leave the seat and get to an emergency exit (this does not need to be by walking)?
- Put on an oxygen mask?
For certain Customers we express our special concern and insist that they travel with a companion. Generally, the Customers who are likely to need a companion are those who:
- Have a severe learning or cognitive challenge which prevents them from understanding or reacting to safety instructions
- Are hearing and visually impaired
- Have a challenge that prevents them from moving without assistance to reach an emergency exit.
5. Customers with Sensory Impairment –
(A) Visual Impairment
- If assistance is required within the airport, Customer or his representative shall intimate IndiGo about the type of assistance required prior to the departure.
At the airport
- IndiGo would request Customers with Visual Impairment to check-in early for their flight for a hassle free experience If Customer declares independence in mobility within the airport and doesn’t require any staff for assistance, the Customer must ensure to be present at the designated boarding gate at the boarding time advised to him verbally by the staff.
- Do note that our boarding gates close 30 mins (domestic) and 45mins (international) prior to the scheduled departure time, post which boarding is not allowed.
- Also note since some the airports are silent airports there would not be any sort of announcements made.
- The Customer is welcome to board the aircraft at leisure; however if requested to the staff at the departure gate, the Customer will be able to board first, the staff at the boarding gate shall assist you in boarding first.
- Every IndiGo aircraft comes equipped with Safety Briefing Cards printed in Braille for our Customers who have vision disabilities. Our cabin crew will read the meal menu options, identify food items and placement on the tray and assist with opening the food package upon request. Our cabin crew will not be able to provide any assistance in feeding such Customer
- Due to safety regulations, the Customer with visual impairment will not be allocated an exit row seat.
(B) Hearing Impairment
- If assistance is required within the airport, Customer or his representative shall intimate IndiGo about the type of assistance required prior to the departure.
At the airport
- IndiGo would request Customers with Hearing Impairment to check-in early for their flight for a hassle free experience.
- If Customer declares independence in mobility within the airport and doesn’t require any staff for assistance, the Customer must ensure to be present at the designated boarding gate at the boarding time mentioned on their boarding pass. Also note most of the airports are equipped with electronic flight display, however, the nearest IndiGo staff can always be contacted for any assistance required.
- Do note that our boarding gates close 30 mins (domestic) and 45mins (international) prior to the scheduled departure time, post which boarding is not allowed.
- The Customer is welcome to board the aircraft at leisure; however if requested to the staff at the departure gate, the Customer will be able to board first. The staff at the boarding gate shall assist you in boarding first.
- Due to safety regulations, the Customer will not be allocated an exit row seat.
(C) Visual and Hearing Impairment
- If assistance is required within the airport, Customer or his representative shall intimate IndiGo about the type of assistance required at least 48 hours prior to the departure.
- For Customers’ safety, they will need to travel with a safety assistant if they need help to do any one of the following:
✓ Fasten and unfasten your seat belt
✓ Take out and put on your lifejacket
✓ Leave your seat and get yourself to an emergency exit (this does not need to be by walking)
✓ Put on an oxygen mask
✓ Establish communication with crew with regards to safety briefings and react to safety instructions
If you are required to travel with a companion, IndiGo will sell them a ticket at the same fare as that paid by the first Customer, even if rates have increased in the meantime. It may also be possible to find another Customer on the flight willing to take the role of an accompanying person for emergency purposes but this cannot be guaranteed.
When to inform:
- Customers with sensory impairment intending to travel with their guide dog, should make their reservation via the IndiGo call centre and provide us notice of at least 48 hours prior to departure, that a guide dog will be travelling.
Seating of the guide dog
- Please note that guide dogs for our sensory impaired Customers shall not occupy any seat.
- Customers with guide dog will be seated on the first row.
- The Customer must produce complete and valid documentation including but not limited to identification cards to prove that the guide dog is a service animal and has all valid permissions including confirmation that it is trained from an appropriate institution
- The certificate of vaccination of the guide dog shall be produced at the time of check-in.
Hygiene/travel requirements of a guide dog
- The Customer is required to bring a moisture absorbent mat, to place it under the guide dog. Further, the guide dog should be properly trained, restrained, muzzled and vaccinated
- A guide dog may be denied boarding or removed from the flight if, IndiGo in its sole discretion decides that the animal cannot be contained by the Customer or otherwise exhibits behavior that poses a threat to the health or safety of others on board.
- Customer shall be fully responsible for the guide dog. A meet and assist service can be provided, if assistance is required at departure and on arrival, on prior request
Only for International:
- If travelling into India or out of India, the guide dog must meet the requirements of the destination country
7. Mobility Assistance:
- IndiGo would be more than happy to provide a wheelchair as per your requirement. In order to ensure the service meets your needs, our reservation team or the airport staff may ask you some questions to determine the level of assistance you require.
- IndiGo wheelchair service is provided with an attendant at no additional charge to you. The attendant will assist in transporting you within the airport area and to the gate or the aircraft door (depending on the airport facilities).
- Our team is trained in transferring techniques and can assist if you are unable to transfer by yourself from the wheelchair to/from your seat;
- Whilst we will do everything we can to help our Customers to their onward flight, they are requested to be aware that there might be a delay in assisting them during busy periods. IndiGo shall not be liable for any such Customer missing onward flights, we would always advise them to factor in delay times when making their travel plans.
- Our employees are trained to assist our Customers with disabilities and for any sorts of limitations, we offer a wide variety of special assistance.
- Please be aware that there might be unpredictable circumstances such as weather or mechanical problems that may call for a last minute unavoidable change, but we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- If you are travelling in a group of 10 or more people and require wheelchairs, please contact 0124 6613838 at least 48 hours before scheduled departure
- Please contact us either through this web site or by contacting our agents on 0124 6613838
IndiGo does provide the following facilities to its Customers with reduced mobility:
- Assistance in moving to and from seats; and
- Help in preparation for eating.
However, we express our inability to provide Customers with any assistance for personal care needs on-board, such as, eating/drinking, administration of medications, assistance inside the lavatory, or other personal care needs. If assistance is required with any of these, we recommend a Safety Assistant.
8. Wheelchair users or Customers using wheelchairs, Crutches / braces / other prosthetic devices:
- We want our Customers to be as comfortable as possible on their IndiGo flight. Our staff will be pleased to discuss their needs, so call us and we'll help you plan your travel
Traveling with own wheelchair
- If Customers wish to check-in their own wheel chair, IndiGo shall provide assistance to dismantle and/or reassemble the wheelchair under the supervision of the Customer. However IndiGo shall not be liable for any damage arising while handling the wheelchair. Such checked in wheelchair will be returned to the Customer at the destination airport
- If the Customer wishes to use their own wheelchair at the airport, they are permitted to do so up to the aircraft, whereupon it will be stored in the hold area.
- In the event of loss or damage, mobility aids or any equipment relating to the disability which are placed into the checked are luggage is not covered for anything more than the maximum liability under IndiGo’s Conditions of Carriage.
- We recommend suitable travel insurance for any equipment carried along
- Customers are allowed to use their own crutches, braces and / or other prosthetic devices up to the aircraft, and may board with such items as hand baggage, provided the Customers are dependent on them.
- Customer with a disability may use their own manual powered wheelchair till the aircraft door
- Unfortunately electronic powered wheelchair(s) with a wet-cell battery shall not be accepted since it’s corrosive in nature and is considered to be a ‘’Dangerous Good’’
- Unfortunately electronic powered wheelchair(s) with lithium or non spillable battery shall not be allowed beyond the check-in counter, due to security reasons
- Electronic wheelchairs will be dismantled at our check-in counters and the Customer needs to carry something to seal the battery terminals to avoid damage to the battery
- We have wheelchairs available for use at all airport locations to assist with transportation from check-in to the boarding gate, making connections (if applicable) and from the aircraft to the arrivals hall at the destination. Customers can request this service when making their booking, and upon arrival at the airport they can notify one of our airport service agents about their wheelchair requirement. For an hassle free experience Customers shall notify IndiGo at least 48 hrs prior departure
- If a Customer is travelling without safety assistant, IndiGo shall be happy providing below mentioned assistance:
✓ will be able to extend a meet and assist service to the Customer to assist in boarding, deplaning, flight connections and check-in / transfer / reclaiming of checked-in bags.
✓ stowing their hand baggage
✓ opening any parts of Customer’s on board meal.
✓ on board individual safety briefings if requested by Customer
- IndiGo regrets its inability to assist with following,
✓ assist the Customer with personal care and toileting needs before, after and during the flight.
- If the wheelchair has been stowed in the hold, we'll make every effort to return it to the Customer as close to the aircraft door as possible. If this is not possible, we will make sure there is a wheelchair available to assist Customer to the baggage reclaim area
We can arrange assistance between the gate and the arrivals hall if the Customer would like this service. Depending on the airport, this will either be by electric buggy, airport wheelchair or accessible buses.
9. Spinal Support Equipment (SSE):
- Customers must bring their own spinal support equipment and should be fully responsible for installation, usage and removal.
- Customer-supplied spinal support equipment will be carried free of charge.
- If you are planning to travel with Spinal Support Equipment, we recommend that you please contact us on 0124 6613838 , at least 7 (seven) working days prior to departure and inform us of your SSE specifications.
- Our Engineering team will then check to ensure that your equipment can be accommodated safely in the aircraft.
10. Travelling with broken limbs
- All Customers with a mobility problems such as fractured legs in plaster or paraplegics will preferably be allocated seats which will allow maximum space for their comfort, subject to load factor
- All Customers with limbs in plaster casts shall preferably be accommodated in seats near toilets and floor level exits provided with slide/raft (not emergency exit row seats).
11. Passengers with Psychiatric or Emotional disorders:
- Customers with psychiatric or emotional disorders shall always travel with a safety assistant.
- The safety assistant shall carry the treating physician’s certificate along with a prescription for a sedative medicine, which may be administered by the attendant, prior to commencement of travel or as may be required en-route.
12. Passengers having Autism/ Intellectual disability/Dementia / Alzheimer's and Down syndrome :
- Customers with Autism/Intellectual disability/Dementia/Alzheimer's and Down syndrome need to book their flights at least 48hrs prior departure by call our call centre at 09910383838
- While making the reservation, please advise us about your specific requirements and the best way to approach and assist in travel
- Customers with Autism/ Intellectual disability/Dementia / Alzheimer's and Down syndrome will be given time to settle in their seat before other Customers board the aircraft.
- Our Customer service and cabin crew team will provide all the assistance required other than the ones provided by a safety assistant.
Assistance, upon request, from the ticket counter till the aircraft seat shall be provided. In addition, meeting their family member at the gate upon arrival is also available. These requests need to be made at the ticket counter at check-in. The name of the person picking up the Customer must be communicated at the time of check-in as well.
13. Internal Medical Devices:
- If you are travelling with an internal medical device, such as a pacemaker or a defibrillator, kindly inform us while making the reservation and also at the airport, to the security personnel conducting your screening, before the process begins.
14. Portable oxygen concentrators (POC)
Only Portable Oxygen Concentrator (“POC”), approved by Federal Aviation Administration (“FAA”) is permitted on board IndiGo flights either as checked-in or hand baggage, free of cost, subject to following conditions being met:
- A request for carriage or use of the POC on board being made by the Customer to IndiGo a minimum forty eight (48) hours in advance from the scheduled departure time;
- POC should not cause any interference with the electrical, navigation or communication equipment on board;
- Customer carrying the POC on board must comply with all security requirements and instructions communicated by the Crew, from time to time;
- Customer alone will be solely responsible for packing, assembling, dismantling or facilitating administration of POC both on ground and on board. IndiGo will under no circumstances be liable or responsible for the same.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein, IndiGo, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse carriage of the POC, if it is likely to endanger the safety of the aircraft or of any person;
If POC is to be carried as checked-in baggage:
- For safety purposes, Customer must ensure that the POC prior to check in is empty and free of pressure. Thus, if the POC was used before coming to the airport, then the Customer must to reset the POC to avoid any residual oxygen in the equipment;
- If POC operates on lithium battery, battery should be removed and carried by Customer as hand baggage. If POC operates on any other type of battery, battery should be removed and packed separately in such a way that battery terminals do not come in contact with any metal objects. Carriage of such batteries will further be subject to applicable regulatory requirements including but not limited to those mentioned under the Aircarft (Carriage of Dangerous Goods) Rules, 2003, International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations.
If POC is to be carried as hand baggage:
- Customers carrying/using the POC on board shall be assigned only a window seat, except on rows 1,12 & 13. Such Customers shall not be seated on middle or aisle seats. IndiGo reserves rights to change seats of such Customers, if required.
- Such Customers must be capable of seeing, hearing and understanding the POC device warnings and should be in a position to take appropriate action, without assistance, in response to those warnings;
- During taxi, take-off and landing the POC, if being used must be stowed under the seat in front.
IndiGo’s has a list of FAA approved POCs, such list is indicative and not exhaustive. Please call our call centre or airport operation to clarify if your POC is approved for carriage in our aircraft
15. Customers with certain adverse medical conditions:
- Customers who are ailing from any particular medical condition can travel on IndiGo after giving prior information regarding his/her medical condition, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight, as per the medical form provided on IndiGo Website, in order for IndiGo to provide complete assistance to such Customer.
- The Customer must also inform IndiGo regarding any hospitalization requirement upon arrival.
- In case a Customer will be accompanied by a safety assistant during travel then his/her name and contact details must also be shared with IndiGo.
- IndiGo would want to mention that its cabin crew are not authorized to give special assistance (e.g. lifting etc.). Further they are trained only in first aid and are not permitted to administer any injection or to give medication. IndiGo neither facilitates nor allows carriage or usage of oxygen cylinders on board.
A Customer who has agreed to this Conditions of Carriage agrees and understands that he/she has accepted to undertake the travel on IndiGo on his/her own will and volition and further agrees that IndiGo will not be responsible for any liability other than the liability as specified in the Conditions of Carriage.
Customers requiring stretchers
- To make a Booking for such Customers, requests need to be placed no later than 48 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure of the flight.
- Customers are required to take a print-out of the IndiGo medical form click here, available on the Website, and have the same filled out by the Customer’s treating physician, prior to making the Booking, and then fax the same to 0124-4068536.
- Customers are required to include their Booking confirmation / PNR number on the fax and the travel Itinerary to ensure correct processing. Based on an assessment of IndiGo’s internal physician, a Booking confirmation will be communicated to the Customer within 24 hours of receipt by IndiGo of the fax.
- Please note that IndiGo reserves the right to have an IndiGo medical representative meet the Customer at the airport on the date of travel to determine the Customer’s medical fitness for travel on that date. The applicable Charges will be for nine (9) seats at the prevailing fare, plus a handling fee as mentioned in Annexure A.
- Our customer service and cabin crew team will provide all the assistance required other than the ones provided by a safety assistant
16. Customer Grievance Redressal
At IndiGo we strive for utmost customer satisfaction and the teams have been trained to deliver highest level of customer satisfaction. However in the event should you feel dissatisfied about something please don’t
hesitate to reach out to us so that we can make things right if they weren’t. We are reachable to you in more than one way:
Call Center: Call 09910383838 or +911246613838
Our Customer Services Manager at various airports shall be more than happy to help you.
17. Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am visually impaired and will be carrying a white cane with me, how shall I inform the airlines?
Kindly contact us at 0124 6613838 if you have any assisting devices. We will find out the best way to store them so they arrive without damage. At the airport, please let the check-in personnel know that you may need extra time to board the plane. After the plane has landed, kindly wait in the plane until you see or have your assisting device, wheelchair, etc.
2. I am visually impaired, can I travel with my guide dog? If yes, what are the formalities involved?
We will make special arrangements for your Guide/Assistance Dog, to ensure they are able to travel with you in the aircraft cabin. Certified Assistance Dogs for blind Customers can travel free of charge in the aircraft cabin. Notify us at 0124 6613838 when travelling with a Guide/Assistance Dog at the time of booking as the number carried on each aircraft is restricted (please refer to our disability assistance page for more information).
3. I will be carrying my own motorized wheelchair, can you advise how shall I go about it?
We will require the dimensions, weight, type of tires, type of batteries, etc. of your wheelchair. We suggest you carry spare batteries. Wheelchair BATTERY may be disconnected due to safety reasons and wet cell batteries are not allowed to be carried on an IndiGo flight. Kindly inform your travel agent/us about any assisting devices you may need or already have like canes and crutches.
4. If I will be traveling through different time zones, how will jet lag affect my situation?
The following should be taken care during your trip: upper body strength, communication ability, speech issues, voice issues, vision problems, hearing problems, heat issues, medication needs, oxygen requirements, and dietary requirements. Make sure you carry your medications and back-up prescriptions with you on the plane, along with the doctors' name, address, fax number for faxing prescriptions, phone numbers, medical diagnosis, names and dosages of medication you're taking and any allergies you may have.
5. How long does it required to apply for a stretcher service in advance?
The seats of the stretcher Customer shall be reserved no later than 48 hours before take-off. In special circumstances, the application of the stretcher Customer submitted within 48 hours before departure can be accepted after it is confirmed by IndiGo. The stretcher Customer must be accompanied by at least one doctor or paramedic. If the doctor certifies that the patient doesn't need medical care during the trip, the Customer can also be accompanied by family members or guardians. Currently we have stretcher facilities on our domestic flights.
Self-offloading after boarding the aircraft is not permitted, since it can cause safety and security risks, besides inconveniencing fellow Customers on board. Accordingly, in the event that any Customer expresses his/her desire to off-load himself/herself and is subsequently off-loaded, then such Customer shall be penalized an amount as mentioned in Fees & charges. IndiGo may at its sole discretion, not penalize such Customer, in case of a medical emergency and in such cases, IndiGo may require a doctor’s certificate from airport doctor as well.
Check your Baggage details
IndiGo reserves the right to refuse carriage of such Baggage or such items found in the Baggage as stated below. For more details on permissible / prohibited goods, please refer to our Website or write to us at Customer.email@example.com
- Items which are not properly packed in suitcases or other suitable containers in order to ensure safe carriage with ordinary care and handling;
- Items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft such as those specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations, Dangerous Goods as per local laws and applicable regulations and as per our own Terms and Conditions;
- Items, the carriage of which is prohibited by applicable laws, regulations or orders;
- Compressed gases: deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous such as butane oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders and compressed gas cylinders;
- Corrosives items such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries and apparatus containing mercury;
- Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares, ammunition including blank cartridges handguns, fireworks, pistol caps, swords, knives and similar items;
- Small lithium battery-powered vehicles such as airwheels, solowheels, hoverboards, mini-segways and balance wheels;
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter refills, lighter fuel, matches, paints, thinners, fire-lighters, lighters that need inverting before ignition, matches, radioactive material, briefcases with installed alarm devices;
- Oxidizing materials such as bleaching powder and peroxides;
- Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials;
- Fish (including, sea food), animals, birds, insects in any form, whether live and/or dead and/or frozen and/or dried;
- Anything that possesses and/or is capable of possessing and/or emitting a conspicuous and/or offensive odour;
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetized materials, offensive or irritating materials;
- Human or animal remains;
- Live or dead animals;
- Items, which, in our reasonable opinion, are unsuitable for carriage by reason of their weight, shape, size or character.
- Any other item that IndiGo feels may cause inconvenience or a safety hazard to its Customers.
- Lithium Batteries can cause safety hazards. Accordingly, batteries will not be allowed in checked-in baggage. Customers, may be permitted, subject to airport security clearance, to carry a maximum of two (2) spare lithium batteries with a maximum of 8gms lithium content and 160 Wh, in hand baggage only, provided that they are packaged in their original retail packaging or each is packaged in separate plastic bags with the exposed terminals taped.
- Power Banks are allowed only in hand baggage.
Free Checked Baggage Allowance (if applicable) will be as per section 5.2 and as mentioned in the Fare Rules too.
The dimensions of the Checked Baggage should not exceed 158 cms in overall dimensions (L + W + H).
Prepaid excess baggage can be booked 6 hours prior to the departure of the flight at the following rates via our website or call centre:
|Fee Type (inclusive of GST)||Domestic|
10 kg Prepaid
15 kg Prepaid
30 kg Prepaid
At Airport (for first five Kgs)
100 per Kg
If Customers who are booked on Lite Fare report at the airport with baggage to be checked-in, then they will have to pay INR 200 to avail 15kg baggage allowance.
Customer carrying more than the allowed baggage limits will be charged a rate of INR 100 per kg (inclusive of GST, if applicable) for first 5 kgs and INR 300 per kg for baggage over and above 5 kgs excess baggage for domestic travel only, a flat rate of INR 525 per kg will be charged (or it will be charged as per base currency of reservation) for International travel at the time of check-in. Upon delivery of the Customer’s Baggage which the Customer wishes to check in on IndiGo, IndiGo upon being satisfied with its condition (in accordance with the provisions of the Conditions of Carriage) will take custody of, and issue a Baggage identification Tag for, each piece of Checked Baggage. Checked Baggage must have the Customer’s name or other personal identification affixed to it.
IndiGo will levy a fee of INR 1000/- (or equivalent in foreign currency), for any Special Baggage like Sports/Skiing equipment, golf bags, bicycle, surf boards, LCD and LED TVs of size more than 99.06 cms, and all other large and/or odd-sized items, including cartons, whose dimensions (L+W+H) exceed 158 cms, submitted as Checked Baggage. This fee will be applied over and above any Excess Baggage charges that might be applicable. The fee will apply per piece of checked in baggage, per Sector, (inclusive of GST, if applicable). The weight of such baggage will be considered part of the permissible baggage allowance and standard excess baggage charges, if applicable, will be levied.
IndiGo’s rules for carriage of LCD / LED TVs on board its flights are as under:
- Maximum two (02) LCD / LED TVs can be carried by one Customer in checked in baggage.
- Maximum size of LED / LCD TV that shall be accepted for carriage is 139.7 cms.
- The checked-in baggage weight (including that of TV(s)) in excess of the free baggage allowance will be charged at the applicable Excess Baggage rate. Further, LED / LCD TV will attract additional handling charges, as detailed above.
- Carriage of TVs shall also be governed by other applicable terms and conditions contained in Conditions of Carriage with regard to carriage of fragile items, etc.
IndiGo will charge a fee of INR 5000/- per fire arm, air gun and/or ammunition per guest (inclusive of GST, if applicable) for additional services provided during handling and carriage of fire arm, air gun or ammunition in their checked in baggage. Carriage of fire arms is subject to production by Customer of all clearances and permissions required by regulators or under applicable laws.
Checked Baggage will, whenever possible, be carried on the same aircraft as the Customer, unless IndiGo decides for safety, security or operational reasons, to carry it on an alternative flight. If the Checked Baggage is carried on a subsequent flight, IndiGo will deliver it to the Customer, unless applicable law requires the Customer to be present for customs clearance.
IndiGo does not connect Baggage to other airlines. Customers deplaning from one IndiGo aircraft and boarding another airline or vice versa must collect their Checked Baggage and report to other airline. Customers must ensure that there is enough time gap between two flights while making a Booking involving a change of airplanes or carriers at a point of Stopover. IndiGo will not be liable in any manner, if the Customer misses his/her connecting flight as a result of any delay in IndiGo’s flight due to any reason whatsoever. IndiGo accepts check-in baggage for connection onto its own flights provided the Customer has booked a Connecting Segment as defined in these Conditions of Carriage.
Customers are strongly advised not to check in such items as Baggage which by their very nature is valuable and/or fragile. If such items are checked in as Baggage, Customers agree that they send for carriage of such items, at their own risk. Such items include, without limitation, money, jewellery, silverware, electronic devices, medicines, perishable goods, computers, cameras, video equipment, negotiable papers, securities and/or other valuables, passports and other identification documents, title deeds, artefacts, manuscripts and the like.
IndiGo shall not accept any responsibility for such items carried by the Customers in their Baggage.
In case if the Customer’s Checked-In Baggage is spoilt due to spillage or leakage of glass bottles/jars unsuitably packed, IndiGo’s liability for damage is not extended to the same.
Items like money, jewellery, photographic / video & or other optical equipment, computers and other electronic equipment, computer software, silverware, glassware, securities, bonds, business and personal documents, samples, paintings, artifacts, other work of art, antiques, research, unique or irreplaceable items, scholarship items / documents, irreplaceable books or publications or similar valuable items are not covered under any loss or damage policy of IndiGo. These items should not be transported in or as a luggage on an IndiGo flight.
Hand Baggage is accepted in the cabin subject to the availability of space in the overhead bin or under the Customer’s seat. In the event where a hand bag is over-sized or over-weight, IndiGo may require transfer of Hand Baggage to the Baggage compartment of the aircraft prior to take-off. In such cases, a Customer’s Hand Baggage will be specially tagged and returned upon arrival, and the same can be collected from the conveyor belts where Checked Baggage is normally received. In the event the Hand Baggage is transferred to the Baggage compartment due to increased weight over and above what is permissible for Hand Baggage, Customer shall be liable to make payment of the excess baggage to IndiGo at then applicable rate per kilo gram for the excess baggage.
As per Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) guidelines, travelling Customers may carry one Hand Baggage of maximum 7 Kg’s (this will be including Laptop), with an additional restriction on maximum size of hand baggage not exceeding 7.0 kg and of dimension - length 55cm + width 35cm + height 25cm respectively. Customers accompanying infants are allowed an additional piece of Hand baggage weighing up to 7Kgs, not exceeding the above size. In case hand baggage is found to be overweight at the boarding gate a flat rate of INR 300 per kg per sector (inclusive of GST) would be charged towards excess hand baggage.
Items determined by us to be of excessive weight or size, or of an offensive nature, will not be permitted on board. Subject to the prevalent applicable local laws and regulations, Customers may take liquids on board in their Hand Baggage, subject to screening and security checks, and provided they meet the following restrictions:
- The liquid is in a container with a maximum volume of 100ml.
- All liquid containers meeting the maximum volume of 100ml each can be fitted comfortably into a transparent, re-sealable 1 litre plastic bag.
Due to airport security regulations, no Hand Baggage is allowed on any flights from Jammu and Srinagar airports.
If a Customer wishes to carry an oversized item on board, which will fit safely in a seat, he/she must purchase an additional seat on that flight, subject to availability and applicable fares. IndiGo reserves the right to refuse to carry any large pieces which we feel may present a safety risk.
IndiGo may refuse to carry as Baggage any item reasonably considered by the airline to be unsuitable for carriage because of its size, shape, weight, content, being radioactive, or character, or for safety or operational reasons, or in the interests of the comfort of other Customers. Information about unacceptable items is available upon request.
IndiGo may refuse to accept Baggage for carriage unless it is in IndiGo’s reasonable opinion, properly and securely packed in suitable container/packaging.
For reasons of safety and security, we or the competent regulatory authority may require the Customers to undergo a search, x-ray or other type of scan on his/her person or Baggage. IndiGo reserves the right to search the Baggage in the absence of the Customer, if he/she is not available, for the purpose of determining whether they are in possession of, or whether their Baggage contains any unacceptable or prohibited items.
If a Customer refuses to comply with such searches or scans, we reserve the right to refuse carriage to such Customer and his/her Baggage without refund of fare and without any other liability to such Customer. Any other procedures as may be required under law may follow in relation to such cases.
In the event that a search / scan causes injury to the Customer or damage to his/her Baggage, we shall not be liable for such injury or damage, unless the same is due to our willful fault or gross neglect.
IndiGo will make every effort to ensure that the Checked Baggage of Customers arrives in a safe condition.
The Customers are advised to collect their Baggage as soon as it is available for collection at the place of destination from the relevant conveyor belts.
Should the Customer not collect it within a reasonable time, IndiGo may charge a storage fee. Should the Customer’s Checked Baggage not be claimed within three (3) months of the time it is made available, IndiGo may dispose it off without any liability or notice to the Customer.
If the Customers are travelling in a group (i.e. in one PNR there are more than one Customer) and the Baggage is not delivered at arrival, all the Customers under that Booking need to be present at the arrival hall at the time of registering a complaint for the lost Baggage. The Baggage will be considered as delivered in good condition if the above condition is not met.
IndiGo shall deliver Checked Baggage to the bearer of the Baggage Check, upon payment of all unpaid sums due to IndiGo, under these Conditions of Carriage.
IndiGo is under no obligation to ascertain that the bearer of the Baggage Check is entitled to delivery of the Baggage, and IndiGo is not liable for any loss, damage, or expense arising out of, or in connection with its failure to ascertain so.
Delivery of the Baggage will be made at the destination shown in the Baggage Check.
If the person claiming the Baggage is unable to produce the Baggage Check and identify the Baggage by means of a Baggage tag, IndiGo will deliver the Baggage to such person only on the condition that he/she establishes to IndiGo’s reasonable satisfaction, his right thereto, and if required by IndiGo, such person shall furnish adequate security to indemnify IndiGo for any loss, damage or expense which may be incurred by IndiGo, as a result of such delivery.
Acceptance of Baggage by the Customers without complaint at the time of delivery, is prima facie evidence that the Baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of carriage. Every Customer shall be required to raise the irregularity report in case there is a loss of baggage while he/she is at the respective destination airport at the time of arrival and not after departing from the destination airport.
In order to ensure that the Customers pick-up their own Baggage only and that there are no confusions, IndiGo reserves all rights to do Baggage Tag match upon arrivals either for all Customers or on random basis without any prejudice or discrimination. In the event where there is a possibility or slightest assumption of Customer picking up somebody else’s baggage, IndiGo reserves all rights to divulge personal information of such Customer to the original owner of the Baggage, and will not be liable for any losses incurred thereof.
IndiGo assumes no liability for wear and tear to luggage which includes:
- Broken wheels or feet
- Minor cuts
- Loss of external locks, security straps
- Damage to any protruding part of the baggage
- Damage resulting from over packing and damage to retractable luggage handles
- Scratches, torn zippers, straps, handles, scuffs, dents soiling or manufacturer defects
- Unsuitably packed, perishable, damaged or fragile Baggage, or for water damage to non-waterproof Baggage.
- Any other wear and tear
IndiGo does not accept responsibility for the transfer of Baggage to other flights.
1. Urns with ashes are allowed in hand baggage.
2. Process for carrying human remains
a. Please speak with our cargo agents at the designated numbers (numbers to be furnished) or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
b. We will be carrying the remains on via or direct flights only
c. Identity of the relative/person who accompanies the dead body/human remains shall be established
Security measures/procedure departure station: Dead body/human remains/ cremated remains will be transported as air cargo and following will need to be submitted
1. In case of movement from a station within India
(i) Death certificate from a competent medical authority.
(ii) Embalming certificate by the hospital/competent authority.
(iii) Permission by the local police authorities for carrying dead body/human remains
(iv) Any document like driving licence or passport or any other photo id card issued by a govt/semi govt agency to establish identity of the deceased.
(v) Escort is not required within India
2. In case of transportation from a foreign station
(i) Death certificate from a competent medical authority.
(ii) Embalming certificate by the hospital/competent authority.
(iii) Permission from the Indian mission for carriage
(iv) Copies of cancelled passport of the deceased.
(v) Escort is required in international flights
Security measures/procedure at arrival station: Dead body/ human remains are to be collected through the cargo terminal by the person whose name is mentioned on the document.
Information related to your Connecting Flights
Any Booking with respect to the Connected Segments shall be required to be booked in advance and both segments in the Connected Segments shall be confirmed on the same PNR and will be identified by a single fare/ surcharge component.
In cases where the Customer undertakes travel on the Connected Segments, IndiGo will check-in baggage through to the final destination of the Customer. However, in case of domestic to international connections and vice-versa, at the time of check-in, Customers will have to collect their baggage at the end of each leg and re-check again after completing applicable regulatory formalities. The Customers will be provided with two boarding cards - one for the flight taken from the point of origin till the point of transit and other from the point of transit until the final destination.
In case of connecting Customers failing to show up for boarding for flights for the Connecting Segments at the point of Stopover, 45 minutes (in case of domestic flights) and 75 minutes (in case of international flights), prior to departure of the concerned flight, despite having arrived on-time from the point of origin, the Customers will be treated as a ‘Gate No Show'. The Baggage of such Customers will be offloaded and handed over to the Customers or the relevant airport authority at the Stopover station, without any liability on the part of IndiGo. The ticket amount for such Booking shall be forfeited. The Customers are, however, entitled to a refund of the Government and Airport Fees and/or taxes (if applicable).
Also, connecting Customer shall board the flight from the origin city only. IndiGo will not entertain carriage of such Customers if they intend to board from any of the transfer airports. Any such request would be treated as cancellation and re-booking at the applicable fares at the time of such request, fare difference and cancel fee may apply.
In case of delay or cancellation of a flight operated as part of the Connected Segments, the following shall apply:
- In case of delay or cancellation of the flight at the point of origin which leads to the possibility of a missed connection at the point of Stopover, the Customer shall have to right to choose a refund, or a credit for future travel on IndiGo, or re-booking onto an alternative IndiGo flight at no additional cost, subject to availability.
- In case of a delay or cancellation of the connecting flight at the point of Stopover, IndiGo will, at its discretion and subject to availability of seats, first offer the Customer the option to travel on the next IndiGo flight, then at its discretion, provide ground transportation to and from the airport and lodging for overnight stay to the Customer at the point of Stopover (provided that the next available flight is only on the following day) or offer a choice between refund or credit of the leg that is un-flown, to the Customer. The Customer may also opt for a partial refund on a pro- rata basis in case of involuntary termination of journey at a transit point for reasons other than being unruly or a disciplinary issue in the opinion of IndiGo.
Security Screening prior to boarding the aircraft
As required by applicable law, all Customers will be subjected to a security screening prior to boarding the aircraft.
Itineraries (in hard copies) will be checked at the time of entering the terminal building. Checked Baggage will be screened through an X-ray machine before check-in. Random physical checks are also carried out for Checked Baggage in addition to X-ray screening.
As per security regulations, Customers will be required to undergo personal frisking and their Hand Baggage will be X-rayed before entering the pre-boarding sterile area.
Checked Baggage reconciliation is carried out through an internal matching system. In addition to the Baggage reconciliation, the physical identification of the Checked Baggage by the Customers may be carried out. Unidentified Baggage will not be loaded on to the aircraft.
A secondary security check may also be carried out near the step ladder/boarding gate before embarkation as stipulated by BCAS.
According to security regulations, Customers are advised:
- Not to accept any packets from unknown persons,
- Not to leave Baggage unobserved at any time, especially within airport area,
- Unattended Baggage may be removed by airport security staff as object of suspicion,
- To declare before Baggage screening or check-in if carrying any arms or explosive substance. Concealment is an offence under Aircraft Act and Rules,
- To carry only one piece of Cabin Baggage, the sum of the three dimensions (length, breadth and height) of which should not exceed 115 cms,
- Battery cells / Dry cells carried in the Cabin Baggage or in any electrical/ electronic items are liable to be removed and IndiGo may not be in a position to return such removed items same at the Customer’s destination. IndiGo recommends that such items be carried in Checked Baggage,
- All Baggage should be clearly labelled with the Customer’s name, address and contact details.
Details on Schedule, Delays or Cancellation of Flights
IndiGo undertakes to use its best efforts to avoid delay in carrying its Customers and their Baggage. We will endeavour to adhere to published schedules in effect on the date of travel. However, times shown in schedules or elsewhere, are subject to change at any time, , and we shall not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any loss incurred by Customers as a result of such change.
IndiGo will not be liable for any error or omission in publications of schedules, or in statements or representations made by employees, agents, or representatives of IndiGo, as to the dates or times of departure or arrival, or as to the operation of any flight.
At any time after a Booking has been made, we may change our schedules and/or cancel, terminate, divert, postpone, reschedule or delay any flight where we reasonably consider this to be justified by circumstances beyond our control, or for reasons of safety, or for commercial reasons.
Circumstances beyond IndiGo’s control can include, without limitation, weather, air traffic control, mechanical failures, acts of terrorism, acts of nature, force majeure, strikes, riots, wars, hostilities, disturbances, governmental regulations, orders, demands or requirements, shortages of critical manpower, parts or materials, labour unrest etc.
If an IndiGo flight is cancelled, rescheduled to depart more than an hour prior to the original time of departure or delayed by more than two hours (depending on the length of the journey), a Customer shall have to right to choose a refund; or a credit for future travel on IndiGo; or re-booking onto an alternative IndiGo flight at no additional cost (subject to availability); subject to the requirements under the local laws of the country in which the flight has been cancelled, rescheduled or delayed.
In the special case in which a subsequent portion of an IndiGo flight is cancelled while a Customer is already in transit, such Customer shall have the right to choose to remain at the transit station and to be re-booked onto an alternative IndiGo flight to the final destination at no additional cost subject to availability; or to remain at the transit station and accept a partial refund for the portion of the flight not completed; or to return to the point of origin and receive a refund; or re-booking onto an alternative IndiGo flight at no additional cost subject to availability.
We strongly recommend all Customers to provide correct phone number and email address, to enable us to inform of flight delays or cancellations in unforeseen cases. Customers who have not provided valid contact information at the time of Booking may not be entitled for any compensation.
Information on Refund
Upon failure by IndiGo to provide carriage in accordance with these Conditions of Carriage, or where a Customer requests a voluntary change of his arrangements, refund for an unused Booking, or portion thereof shall be made by IndiGo in accordance with this Article and in accordance with IndiGo’s regulations, after deducting the applicable fees, charges and taxes thereon.
Refunds against the residual value after deduction of the applicable fee will be made available as per the following:
- For Bookings made through credit/debit cards, the refund will be processed back to the credit/debit card.
- For Bookings made through net banking, the refund will be processed into the same bank account.
- For Bookings made through Travel Partners or online travel portals, the refund may be claimed from the respective travel agents/ portals.
- For Bookings made by cash at the airport, the refund will be processed at the respective airport.
IndiGo shall be entitled to make refund either to the person named in the Booking, or to the person who has paid for the Booking, upon presentation of satisfactory proof and holding himself out as a person to whom refund may be made in terms of this Article 13.2, shall be deemed a proper refund, and shall discharge IndiGo from liability and any further claim for refund from any person.
Rules & Regulations On-board
If, in IndiGo’s opinion, a Customer conducts himself aboard the aircraft so as to endanger the aircraft or any person or property on board, or obstruct the crew in the performance of their duties, or fail to comply with any instructions of the crew, including but not limited to those with respect to smoking, alcohol or drug consumption, or behave in a manner which causes discomfort, inconvenience, damage or injury to other Customers or the crew, IndiGo may take such measures as it deems reasonably necessary to prevent continuation of such conduct, including restraint. Such Customer may be disembarked and refused onward carriage at any point, and may be prosecuted for offences committed on board the aircraft.
If, as a result of conduct by a Customer of the sort mentioned in Article 14.1 IndiGo decides, in the exercise of IndiGo’s reasonable discretion, to divert the aircraft for the purpose of offloading that Customer, the Customer must pay all costs resulting from that diversion.
For safety reasons, IndiGo may forbid or limit operation aboard the aircraft of electronic equipment, including, but not limited to, cellular telephones, laptop computers, portable recorders, portable radios, CD players, electronic games or transmitting devices, including radio controlled toys and walkie-talkies. Operation of hearing aids and heart pacemakers is permitted.
Customers shall note that any act (attempted or otherwise) of removal of life jacket from the aircraft without consent of IndiGo is prohibited.
IndiGo offers an enhanced selection of food and beverages for sale on-board. Hot meals are not available on the flights that have total flight time less than 60 minutes.
Complimentary drinking water is offered on all IndiGo flights.
IndiGo allows Customers to bring food items on board. Allowed food items include cold snacks, soft beverages, snack bars and biscuits. For the convenience of our Customers, messy, oily or strong smelling food items are not allowed on board.
Customers seated near an emergency exit will be briefed by the crew regarding emergency procedures and are requested to pay special attention to these requirements. Please note that able bodied Customers aged above fifteen (15) years will be allocated emergency exit rows.
Travel Documents, Fines, Customs and Security Inspections
The Customers shall be solely responsible for obtaining all required travel documents and for complying with all laws, regulations, orders, demands and travel requirements.
IndiGo shall not be liable for any aid or information given by any agent or employee of IndiGo to any Customer in connection with obtaining necessary documents or complying with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, and requirements, whether given in writing or otherwise, or for the consequences to any Customer resulting from his failure to obtain such documents or to comply with such laws, regulations, orders, demands, requirements, rules or instructions.
IndiGo shall not be liable if it determines that what it understands to be applicable law, government regulation, demand, order or requirement, requires that it refuse, and it does refuse, to carry a Customer.
Prior to travel, the Customer must present all exit, entry, health and any other documents required by law, regulation, order, demand or other governmental requirement, and permit IndiGo to take and retain copies thereof. IndiGo reserves the right to refuse carriage if the Customer does not comply with these requirements, or their travel documents do not appear to be in order, or who does not permit IndiGo to take and retain copies thereof.
If IndiGo is required to pay any fine or penalty, or it incurs any expenditure by reason of the Customer’s failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders, demands or other travel requirements, or to produce the required documents, the Customer shall reimburse to IndiGo, on demand, any amount so paid or expenditure so incurred by IndiGo. IndiGo may apply towards such payment or expenditure, the value of any unused carriage on the Customer’s Booking, or any of the Customer’s funds in IndiGo’s possession.
If required, the Customer shall attend inspection of their Baggage, by customs or other Government officials. IndiGo will not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage suffered by them in the course of such inspection or through their failure to comply with this requirement.
Death or Injuries, Damage of Baggage, Applicable Rules.
In the event of death or any other bodily injury suffered by a Customer during the course of carriage by air, IndiGo’ s liability will be governed by the relevant provisions of the Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and any modifications etc. as notified by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India, and as amended from time to time and the rules contained thereunder and in no event shall the liability amounts under this scenario exceed the amount of INR 20,00,000/-.
Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 17.3 above, if IndiGo proves that the damage was caused by, or contributed to by, the negligence of the injured or deceased / injured Customer, IndiGo may be exonerated wholly or partly from its liability.
IndiGo is not responsible for any illness, injury or disability, including death, attributable to the Customer’s physical condition or for the aggravation of such condition.
Liability for loss, delay or damage to Baggage is limited under the provisions of Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and the rules framed thereunder with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications etc. as notified by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India, and as amended from time to time.
IndiGo’s liability for damage to Baggage will be reduced by any negligence on part of the Customers, which causes or contributes to the damage in accordance with applicable law.
Customers are solely responsible for carriage of their hand bag / personal belongings and IndiGo will not be liable for any loss / damage of their hand baggage / personal belongings.
IndiGo's liability for loss or damage to Baggage is INR 350/ kg*.
However, IndiGo assumes no liability for fragile or perishable articles.IndiGo shall have no liability whatsoever for damage to articles not permitted to be contained in Checked Baggage as per the provisions of the Conditions of Carriage (including, without limitation, fragile or perishable items, items having a special value, such as money, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices, negotiable papers, camera, TV, securities, or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents).
IndiGo will not be liable for any damage arising from IndiGo’ s compliance with applicable laws or Government rules and regulations or from the Customer’s failure to comply with the same.
* limited to a maximum of INR 20,000/- only. Other conditions as per the Act apply
The Customer shall be responsible for any damage caused by the Customer’s Baggage to other persons or property, including IndiGo’s property and IndiGo will not be liable to any third person for any damage caused by the Customer’s Baggage.
IndiGo will not be liable for any damage arising from IndiGo’s compliance with applicable laws or Government rules and regulations or from the Customer’s failure to comply with the same.
Liability for damage caused by delay in the carriage or baggage is limited under the provisions of Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and the rules framed thereunder with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications etc. as notified by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India, and as amended from time to time.
The Conditions of Carriage, including these Conditions of Carriage and exclusions or limits of liability, applies to our Travel Partners, servants, employees and representatives to the same extent as it and they apply to IndiGo.
IndiGo will not be liable for any damage arising from IndiGo’s compliance with applicable laws or Government rules and regulations or from the Customer’ s failure to comply with the same.
In any event our liability under any circumstances shall not exceed the amount of proven damages under any circumstances.
Notice of Claims, Limitations of Actions
Acceptance of Baggage by the bearer of the Baggage Identification Tag without complaint at the time of delivery is sufficient evidence that the Baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of carriage, unless the Customer proves otherwise.
Any right to damages shall be extinguished if an action is not brought against IndiGo within three (3) years of the date of arrival at the destination, or the date on which the aircraft was scheduled to arrive, or the date on which the carriage stopped. The method of calculating the period of limitation shall be determined by law of the court where the case is heard.
Governing Laws & Disputes Settlement