VFTF Terms and Conditions
Visa Free Transit facility – VFTF is a facility that offers Indian travelers who are travelling to or from Singapore and are in transit in Changi for more than 5.5 hours and have the next departing flight within next 96 hours, can enjoy Changi as a transfer hub and will be offered travel packages to 2 destinations. Below are the Terms and Conditions of the offer:
- Transit travellers who satisfy the criteria for VFTF will have to meet the prevailing entry requirements before they are allowed entry into Singapore. Assessment for entry is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry.
- Extension of stay for transit travellers under the VFTF is strictly not allowed
- Travellers who are nationals of India
Indian nationals who are in transit to or from any third country by air, may be eligible for the 96-hour VFTF for one transit in the itinerary (either forward or return leg, but not both) if they:
i. have a valid onward air ticket departing within the next 96-hours; and
ii. possess a valid visa/long-term pass (with a validity of at least 1 month from the date of entry into Singapore under the VFTF) issued by any of the following countries**:
d. New Zealand
e. United Kingdom
f. United States of America
** A visa is considered valid if it is not expired and is good for entry into the third country.
4. The VFTF for Indian nationals is for air to air travel only, and is only valid for one transit in the itinerary (either forward or return leg, but not both).
5. Single Journey Visas (SJV) issued by the above countries are also acceptable when transiting through Singapore on the onward or return leg of the same journey. For those on the return leg of the journey, i.e. after the SJV has been utilised, the following conditions must be met:
i. The traveller travels directly from the country that issued the SJV, on route through Singapore, directly back to the home country; and
ii. The traveller has not returned to their home country since the SJV was last utilised.