Our passengers can now experience the ease of travelling with us without worrying about baggage while in transit. Our easy baggage transfer facility is now available on all Indian airports across our network. This will bring a more enhanced customer convenience by providing seamless baggage transfer and check-in experience for all international connections as specified herewith.
India to International destinations:
One International to another International destination(s):
Above can only be availed by those passengers who have booked a valid connection sold by IndiGo as a connecting flight in one single PNR, and is not applicable for self-created connections or connections booked as multi-city.
Frequently asked questions
1. How will I know if my journey has a legitimate connection?
Answer: Connections offered by IndiGo (6E) that are on one PNR (passenger name record) are deemed to be legitimate connections, however a connecting flight booked as a multi city itinerary under one PNR or two separate flights booked under separate PNRs will not be considered a legitimate connection.
2. Where will my Passport, visa and relevant travel documents be checked?
Answer: Passport, visas and other relevant travel documentation will be checked at the airport at the point of origin.
3. Do I need to check-in again and collect a boarding pass for my connecting flight from the connecting/ transit airport?
Answer: No, you do not have to check-in again at the transit airport as the boarding pass will be issued from the point of origin till the final destination.
4. Do I need to check-in my bags again at the connecting/transit airport?
Answer: No, you do not have to check-in your bags again at the transit airport as this will not be required as the bags will be through checked-in to the final destination from the airport at the point of origin.
5. Will I be given a transport at connection if there is a terminal change like in BOM or DEL?
Answer: Passengers are expected to move between terminals on their own and aren’t provided any transportation from IndiGo. All Information on movement between terminals is available on arrival at the airport with the ground staff of IndiGo.
6. What happens if I miss my connecting flight on account of a change in terminals at airports like DEL or BOM?
Answer: IndiGo is not liable for any delay on account of a change in terminals. Passengers are required to apportion time for transfer / movement between terminals at the time they make a booking and calculate the time required to transfer.
7. Will the bags get transferred if I miss my connection due to the terminal change?
Answer: Bags get transferred on the flight that the passenger boards and hence if the passenger is unable to board his or her connecting flight, the passengers bags are offloaded.
8. If I miss my connecting flight and I am booked on the next available flight, will my bags be transferred on the same flight?
Answer: The bags will be sent on the same flight as the passenger.
9. What is the counter closure time at the airport of origin for me if I’m connecting on an international sector via a domestic sector?
Answer: 75 Minutes prior to the departure of the relevant flight.
10. What is the closing time for the boarding gate if I am travelling from a domestic to an international sector transiting through a domestic airport?
Answer: Boarding gates close 25 minutes prior to departure at all airports. Passengers must be present at the boarding gate no later than the time specified by IndiGo when they check- in or in accordance with any subsequent announcements made at the airport regarding departure of the relevant flight.
11. I’m travelling on an international sector via a domestic sector but unable to present international travel documents at the point of origin, will I be allowed to board?
Answer: No, the passenger is required to present all valid international travel documents at the point of origin in order to check-in.