Posted 14 June 2022
6 Destinations that are perfect for adventure lovers to explore around the world
Nothing can be better than a little adventure to break the tiring monotony of everyday life, right? A memorable holiday to an incredible destination is just what you need to rejuvenate your mind and body. If you crave excitement and thrill, then letting your adventurous spirit dictate your holiday destination may be the best idea you ever had. With majestic mountains, sprawling national parks, wild forests and intense waters, the world is home to a plethora of spectacular adventure destinations.
So, are you feeling adventurous? If the answer is yes, here are some of the top destinations around the globe for an unforgettable adventure trip.
1. Goa, India
Goa is the smallest Indian state and one of the country’s most popular beach destinations. Featuring miles of sandy beaches, sparkling waters and a dynamic party scene, Goa is an ideal holiday destination for kids and adults alike. Apart from offering a perfect retreat for relaxing and partying, the place is a paradise for adrenaline junkies. With the plethora of exciting activities it offers, Goa gives you a chance to experience the thrill of adventure activities.
Some of the most enjoyable things you can do in Goa are mentioned below:
- Go scuba-diving and snorkelling to explore the mesmerising underwater world. Witnessing the colourful corals and the infinite expanse of the sea can be an awe-inspiring experience. Several places in Goa including Grande Island, Pigeon Island, Agatti Island and Angria Bank offer these adventure sports.
- Go parasailing and soak in the breathtaking view of the magnificent Arabian Sea from high up in the sky. Offering an excellent blend of enjoyment and adventure, parasailing is very popular amongst families and couples. Baga Beach, Dona Paula and Mobor are the best spots for parasailing in Goa.
- Take a ride on a water scooter and feel the waves and winds while riding at breakneck speed across the sparkling blue waters of the Arabian Sea. Water scooters are readily available at Dona Paula Jetty, Majorda and Cidade de Goa.
- Take part in white water river rafting across the churning Mandovi River. Those who may prefer a more relaxing alternative can take a luxury cruise operated on the river and dine while taking in the stunning views of the sunset.
- Goa also offers many other options when it comes to adventure sports. These options include kayaking, windsurfing, wakeboarding, kite surfing and water skiing.
2. Phuket, Thailand
Owing to its gorgeous beaches, turquoise waters, pulsating nightlife and vibrant culture, Phuket is counted amongst the world’s most sought-after vacation spots. Also known as the Pearl of the Andaman, the city is home to ancient temples and incredible amusement parks. Another thing that makes Phuket an excellent destination is the wide range of adventure sports it offers.
Following are some of the activities you can enjoy for a fun-filled trip:
- Explore the remarkable limestone caves, karst outcrops and beautiful islands while kayaking across the expansive sea. Sea Kayaking is a relaxing and enjoyable activity available at the Mueang district and Phang Nga Bay in Phuket.
- Enjoy surfing amidst the crashing waves of the Andaman Sea. Surfing is a great way of quenching your thirst for adventure. Kalim Beach, Surin Beach and Kata Beach are some of the most prominent spots in Phuket that offer this sport.
- Jet skiing is listed amongst the most exhilarating water sports that Phuket has to offer. Ride the motorised water vehicle through the turquoise waters of the Andaman sea and feel the refreshing breeze on your face. The best spots in Phuket for jet skiing include Patang Beach and Kamal Beach.
- Flyboarding is a daring water sport that allows you to jump as high as 15 metres before you plunge into the sea. Feel the rush of being a dolphin by enjoying somersaults and backflips across the sea.
- Other enjoyable adventure sports in Phuket include snorkelling, scuba diving, kitesurfing, wakeboarding and paddling.
3. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, the spectacular capital city of the Netherlands, is another one of the most popular tourist destinations around the globe. Well-known for its elaborate canal system and fascinating artistic heritage, the city is an incredible travel destination for all kinds of tourists. A lot of adventure, excitement and thrill can be found in the city’s bustling streets, lush forests and lovely parks.
Some of the great adventure activities Amsterdam offers are listed below:
- Feel the adrenaline rush while swinging on the giant swing hanging at least 100 meters up in the air. Located at A’DAM Toren’s Lookout platform, this giant swing set built for two is ideal for children and adults alike.
- Pay a visit to Fun Forest, a place that offers an exciting blend of adventure and nature. The place offers a plethora of thrilling and enjoyable activities including running, climbing trees, jumping, ziplining and challenging rope courses.
- Ice skating across the frozen canals is counted amongst the city’s most popular winter sports. The large number of canals that freeze every winter provide the perfect flat surface for this activity.
- Bungee jumping is an extremely thrilling and adrenaline-pumping adventure sport. Amsterdam offers bungee jumping along with many other adventurous and fun activities such as canoeing, roller skating, paintballing and windsurfing.
4. Abu Dhabi, UAE
Situated on the island of Persian Gulf, Abu Dhabi is a remarkable city dotted with striking architectural wonders, premium shopping destinations, beautiful beaches, sprawling deserts and historical monuments. Being home to the 21st-century megastructure and magnificent cultural monuments, the city is a contrasting blend of contemporary culture and tradition. Apart from the sand, sun and splendour, Abu Dhabi is also known for offering outdoor adventures.
some of the best adrenaline-fuelled adventure experiences:
- Abu Dhabi is particularly popular for offering amazing desert safari and dune bashing experiences. Rent a four-wheeler and navigate the rough trails meandering through the sandy vastness. Apart from zipping across the sand dunes, you can also take a guided cultural tour of the desert and explore camel farms and old settlements to take a glimpse at the nomadic desert lifestyle.
- Sandboarding can be quite exciting and enjoyable. Riding over the sand dune crest and emerging at breakneck speed can be an exhilarating experience.
- Scuba diving is available at several dive sites in Abu Dhabi. Experience the thrill of diving in the warm seas and exploring the rich marine life.
- Since the city is surrounded by water, Abu Dhabi is an excellent surfing destination. Even though the city offers more popular water sports like kitesurfing, wakeboarding and jet skiing, many surfing enthusiasts can be seen enjoying the waves at every beach of the city.
5. Vienna, Austria
Situated along the bank of the Danube River, Vienna is the beautiful capital city of Austria. The gorgeous European city features stunning architecture, rich culture, historical sites and glorious musical heritage. Vienna is home to numerous must-visit attractions ranging from glittering palaces and incredible opera houses to fascinating museums and amazing art galleries. Besides its undeniable charm and raw beauty, Vienna also boasts of a streak of adventure.
So here are some of the top adventure activities you can try out in Vienna:
- Enjoy river rafting and tubing in the Danube River and feel the adrenaline running high when the strong waves crash over you.
- Take a hiking trip to the Gutenstein Alps and explore the lovely countryside and majestic mountains that add to the beauty of Austrian nature.
- The Danube River also offers thrilling activities like snorkelling and scuba diving that allow you to witness the magical underwater world. Kargan is the hub of adventurous water sports in Vienna.
- Go canoeing across the azure waters of the Danube River while enjoying the warm sun and taking in the sight of the city’s various landmarks.
- Some other great adventure activities available in Vienna include boating, trekking and kayaking.
6. Hong Kong, China
Famous for its fast-paced life, towering skyscrapers, huge shopping malls and bustling streets, Hong Kong is often envisioned as a glitzy urban sprawl. However, the beautiful countryside is carefully hidden behind the superficial concrete jungle. Featuring gorgeous islands, sandy beaches, quaint villages and rocky mountain trails, the city is a distinctive concoction of natural beauty and contemporary glamour. The city also offers a wide range of exciting adventure sports for those seeking a way of getting their adrenaline pumping.
Some of the top adventure activities offered by Hong Kong are included below:
- The city houses a plethora of excellent rock-climbing locations including Tung Lung Chau, Beacon Hill, Chung Hum Kok, Lion Rock and Kowloon peak. Taking a rock-climbing expedition in the mountains is a very popular activity in the city.
- Undertake the Dragon’s Back hike across the rocky trails wrapped around mountains and plunging through forests. The hike also offers stunning views of the city and the South China Sea. Other popular hiking destinations include Lamma Island and Geo Park.
- Dirt biking is a risky, challenging and thrilling adventurous sport where you ride a specially designed gas-powered bike over mountains and hills. The activity takes place in various rural areas of the city.
- Wakeboarding is an exciting adventure water sport that involves riding a wakeboard over the surface of the water. So, hit the waters and get flipping and jumping with an unforgettable wakeboarding session.
- Mountain biking, kayaking, paragliding, ziplining, surfing, canyoning and camping are some other great adventure activities available in Hong Kong.
So, call upon the daredevil in you and head to these awesome adventure destinations for an unforgettable action-packed holiday.
Related travel blogs