Posted 14 June 2022
Here are the best international luxury vacation spots an unparalleled travel experience
A vacation is an ultimate way of getting away from the chaotic everyday routine to relax. It offers a plethora of amazing opportunities to try exciting things, enjoy your favourite activities and make new memories. While some travellers prefer to go low-key on their trip, some others like to enjoy every luxury they can get their hands on. If you belong to the latter category, there is a wide range of classy global destinations for you to choose from. When money is no constraint, an ultra-luxurious trip is just what you need to leave the stress of your regular routine behind.
So, here are the top international luxury holiday destinations you can visit for an unparalleled travel experience.
1. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Being the capital city of the Netherlands, Amsterdam is a major cultural, tourism and economic hub. Owing to its fascinating historical heritage, vibrant culture, diverse food scenes and striking architecture, the city has become a premier holiday destination for all sorts of travellers. Aptly nicknamed as the ‘Venice of the North’, the city’s appeal is significantly enhanced by its elaborate canal system decorated with colourful houseboats. It houses over 1,200 bridges that connect more than 90 islands. The city’s magnetic natural beauty, ancient charm, stunning cityscape, world-famous museums and art galleries, fancy dinners, magnificent hotels and deluxe resorts are some of the many factors that make it a popular luxury destination.
Following are some of the top things to do on a luxury trip to Amsterdam:
- Enjoy the comfort offered by one of the many excellent resorts in Amsterdam. The city is known for its lavish resorts known for offering a wide range of amenities and luxuries. Some of the city’s best resorts include Breitner House, Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, Canal House Suites and Hyatt Regency Amsterdam.
- Dine at Ciel Bleu, one of the city’s most exclusive restaurants. Located on Hotel Okura Amsterdam’s 23rdfloor, the restaurant serves the finest international cuisine along with an excellent collection of wines. Awarded with 2 Michelin Stars, it ensures a world-class dining experience for guests with varied tastes. Other fantastic dining options include Ratatouille Food & Wine, Aan de Poel, De Bokkedoorns and de Silveren Spiegel.
- Pamper yourself at Sauna van Egmond, one of the country’s best health and beauty spas. This incredible spa retreat is housed in a huge stately building, situated in the peaceful Haarlem neighbourhood, featuring stylish furnishing and a relaxing atmosphere. It offers extensive facilities including sauna cabins, Turkish steam bath, a Roman pool and the only Caldarium Maximus in the country.
- Some other prominent wellness resorts and day spas include Fort Resort Beemster and Thermen La Mer Day Spa.
- Experience the dynamic nightlife in Amsterdam. Dotted with bars, cafes, pubs and nightclubs, the city has an exciting nightlife.
- Leidseplein en Rembrandtpleinare the main nightlife areas in the city that house awesome nightclubs like Jimmy Woo, Paradiso and Sugarfactory.
- No luxury vacation is ever complete without a shopping spree. Amsterdam Zuid is considered the city’s fashion capital and houses many high-end shops and designer boutiques.
- You can visit Pieter Cornelisz Hooftstraat to shop at the best designer shops.
- Also, de Bijenkorf is one of the city’s best shopping malls.
2. Paris, France
Paris, the French capital city, has always been associated with grandeur, fashion and luxury. Also known as the ‘City of Light’, it is counted amongst the most visited European cities. From its fascinating history to exceptional cuisine and colourful culture to enchanting cityscape, every aspect of this lovely city portrays beauty and vibrancy. Whether you prefer a laid-back vacation or an active one, Paris is the perfect place to visit for every kind of tourist. Dotted with the finest restaurants, deluxe accommodation options, historical monuments, quaint cafes and beautiful gardens, this city is an incredible destination for an unforgettable luxury holiday. Paris offers plenty of enjoyable activities and remarkable places to visit.
A few of the best things you can do on your luxury trip to this city include:
- Rejuvenate your body as well as mind at one of the many remarkable spas and wellness centres across Paris. Villa Thalgo offers a relaxing seawater treatment, while Biologique Recherche provides a custom skin consultation session, along with treatment tailored according to your skin.
- Free Persephone, Bonhomme, Institut Paloma and La Grande Mosquée de Paris are a few other places you can head to for relaxing.
- Take a cruise on the Seine River. Dine and drink to your heart’s delight while cruising along the river and taking in the mesmerising view of the city dotted with popular landmarks. You can also enjoy the melodious violin and piano music on the sunset cruise.
- Since Paris is synonymous with style and fashion, shopping is a must-do on a trip to the French capital.Head to Rue Saint-Honoré for clothes shopping and visit Marché aux Puces de Saint-Ouen for buying antiques and items like furniture and art pieces. Galerie Vivienne houses many high-end boutiques and wine shops.
- Enjoy the city’s lively nightlife by taking part in various enjoyable nightly activities it offers. Visit Cinéma des Cinéastes to watch the latest and classic movies while sipping wine. Witness a ballet performance at the magnificent Opéra Garnier. Also, the numerous nightclubs and bars ensure all night long entertainment.
- Sample delectable local as well as international cuisines at various fine restaurants across the city including Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée, L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Epicure andBouillon Chartier.
3. London, UK
Being the capital city of the United Kingdom, London is lined with glitzy buildings, high-end boutiques, towering skyscrapers and expensive restaurants. However, the city is much more than a concrete jungle. Hidden behind this urban sprawl is a blend of rich culture, eventful history and long-standing traditions portrayed by an array of historical monuments, fascinating museums, spectacular art galleries and gorgeous architectural marvels. London is an ideal retreat for those interested in a distinct combination of urban vibe and cultural experience. Being home to some magnificent hotels, lavish resorts, exclusive nightclubs, incredible shopping destinations and fine diners, the city is the perfect luxury vacation spot for those with a taste for finer things in life.
So, here are a few of the best things you can do on your luxury trip to London:
- Ride the London Eye and take in the breathtaking bird’s eye view of the city and its famous landmarks. While riding on this giant ferris wheel situated at the bank of River Thames, you can also sip some champagne and take a chocolate-tasting tour.
- Enjoy a night at one of the many fantastic theatres in London including Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre and Gielgud Theatre. You can also attend some world-famous performances at the Royal Opera House.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at the bustling Oxford Street dotted with huge department stores and upscale shops. Situated in the centre of Knightsbridge, Harrods is one of the world’s most renowned department stores and a great shopping destination. Pay a visit to this department store for buying a variety of designer clothes, high-end cosmetics and expensive perfumes.
- Take a private tour of the striking Kensington Palace. The tour lets you explore royal accommodations and displays outfits donned by previous royals. It also includes some dining and drinking experiences hosted within the palace.
- Enjoy a luxurious picnic in the beautiful Hyde Park. With the range of expensive hampers available for these stylish picnics, you can try delicacies like Scottish smoked salmon, organic Stilton, venison salami,triple-smoked ham and Chocolossus Biscuits. The mouth-watering food is accompanied by a bottle of vintage Champagne.
4. Dubai, UAE
Renowned for its ultramodern architecture, pulsating nightlife and trendy shopping scene, Dubai is listed amongst the world’s top luxury vacation hotspots. With its towering skyscrapers, huge shopping malls and grand hotels, the metropolis is an accurate representation of glamour and luxury. From its magnificent cityscape to sprawling beaches, awe-inspiring architectural marvels to the booming art scene and expensive restaurants to upscale boutiques, the city has something for everyone. Known as a dream destination for luxury travellers, Dubai offers an array of once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
So, here are some of the most remarkable things you can do on your luxury trip to this dynamic city:
- Go on a luxury desert safari for an exclusive dune bashing experience amidst the vast stretches of golden sand. The luxury safari tour includes a comfortable day trip to the Arabian Desert, where multiple delicious meals are served all through the tour. After an entire day of riding through the sands, cosy tents are set up around a gorgeous desert oasis under the moonlit sky.
- Dine at At.Mosphere, the world’s highest restaurant located at the top of Burj Khalifa. Offering a breathtaking view of the Dubai skyline, the luxurious restaurant serves exotic fusion cuisine as well as various culinary wonders of the Arabian Gulf.
- Book a private yacht and sail across the Arabian Sea while admiring the stunning views of the city’s various attractions. Enjoy a plethora of concierge services along with drinking and dining at the deck.
- Enjoy an exciting hot air balloon ride and take in the majestic beauty of the deserts of Dubai from high up in the sky.
- Go on a shopping spree at the Dubai Mall renowned for being the world’s second-largest shopping mall. Housing more than 1,300 retail shops and over 200 food outlets, the mall offers numerous brands, upscale boutiques and fine diners.
- Play golf at some of the city’s most mesmerising destinations. Dubai is home to several immaculate golf courses, some of which overlook the majestic sand dunes, while others feature waterfront oases. The Emirates Golf Club,Jumeirah Golf Estates and the Arabian Ranches Golf Club are the most prominent ones.
Related travel blogs