- Free Cabin Baggage Allowance: As per Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) guidelines traveling passenger may carry maximum 7 Kg’s per person per flight (only one piece measuring not more than 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm, including laptops or duty free shopping bags).
- The dimensions of the checked Baggage should not exceed 158 cm (62 inches) in overall dimensions (L + W + H).
- Passengers accompanying Infants are allowed an additional piece of Hand baggage weighing up to 7Kgs, not exceeding the above size.
- Hand Baggage is accepted in the cabin subject to the availability of space in the overhead bin. IndiGo provides you the ability to leave your Cabin Baggage at the side of the aircraft prior to departure and to reclaim it at the side of the aircraft after arrival.
- Jammu & Srinagar: Due to airport security regulations, no cabin baggage is allowed on any flights originating from Jammu and Srinagar airports.
- However, the same can be checked-in including the allowed limit of 15Kgs (the total weight of the checked-in baggage should not exceed the limit of 22kgs).
IndiGo offers 15 kgs/20 kgs (Domestic/International) Bangkok and Kathmandu & 30 kgs (Doha, Dubai, Muscat, Sharjah & Singapore) checked-in baggage allowance.
Customer carrying more than the allowed baggage limits will be charged a flat rate of INR 300 per kg as excess baggage fee for domestic travel and INR 525 (or it will be charged as per base currency of reservation) for International travel at the time of check-in. Passengers can book pre-paid excess baggage up to 6 hours prior to the scheduled departure of their domestic flight via our website or call centre. Click here to know more.
IndiGo recommends that all medication, valuables and precious items (cameras, jewelry, money, electronics, etc.) and items which are fragile or perishable should be carried in Cabin Baggage and not in Checked Baggage. IndiGo shall not accept any responsibility for these items.
The following articles are prohibited from carriage in the Baggage due to safety reasons:
- Compressed gases - deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous such as butane oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders and compressed gas cylinders.
- Corrosives such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries and apparatus containing mercury.
- Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares, ammunition including blank cartridges, handguns, fire works, pistol caps.
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter refills, lighter fuel, matches, paints, thinners, fire-lighters, lighters that need inverting before ignition, matches (these may be carried on the person), radioactive material, briefcases and attache case with installed alarm devices.
- Oxidizing materials such as bleaching powder and peroxides.
- Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials.
- Fish (including sea food), animals, birds, insects in any form, whether alive and/or dead, and/or frozen and/or dried and/or cooked.
- Anything that possesses and/or is capable of possessing and/or emitting a conspicuous and/or offensive odour.
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetized materials, offensive or irritating materials.
According to security regulations, Customers are advised:
- Not to accept any packets from unknown persons.
- Not to leave Baggage unobserved at any time, especially within airport area.
- Unattended Baggage may be removed by Airport Security Staff as object of suspicion.
- To declare before Baggage screening or check-in if carrying any arms or explosive substance. Concealment is an offence under Aircraft Act and Rules.
- To carry only one piece of Cabin Baggage, the sum of the three dimensions (length, width and height) of which should not exceed 115 cm.
- All baggage should be clearly labeled with Passenger's name, address and contact details.
- Please note that Battery cells / Dry cells carried in the Cabin Baggage or in any electrical / electronic items are liable to be removed and IndiGo may not be in a position to return such removed items same at the Passenger's destination. IndiGo recommends such items to be carried in Checked Baggage.
- Passenger travelling on IndiGo domestic sector to IndiGo international sector or vice versa the free Baggage Allowance of International sector will be applicable.
- Passenger travelling on IndiGo domestic Sector and having connection on another airline to/from an international destination are allowed Free Baggage Allowance of 15 Kgs per passenger per flight.
- Domestic Travel: Only 07 Kgs hand baggage allowance,
- International Travel: Only 07Kgs check-In baggage allowance.
- One stroller or baby pram per infant is accepted without any charge.
No. Currently we do not offer through check-in on such connection which was made by the passengers on two different PNRs, the passengers arriving from same flights need to collect their luggage from the conveyer belt and check-in again for the connecting flight. However, in cases where the connection is offered by IndiGo in a single PNR than a through check-in facility can be availed by passengers at departure airport.
“Cant find what you’re looking for? No Problem”
Connect with us via: