IndiGo recommends that all medication, valuables and precious items (cameras, jewelry, money, electronics, etc.) and items which are fragile or perishable should be carried in Cabin Baggage and not in Checked Baggage. IndiGo shall not accept any responsibility for these items.
The following articles are prohibited from carriage in the Baggage due to safety reasons:
• Compressed gases - deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous such as butane oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders and compressed gas cylinders.
• Corrosives such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries and apparatus containing mercury.
• Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares, ammunition including blank cartridges, handguns, fire works, pistol caps.
• Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter refills, lighter fuel, matches, paints, thinners, fire-lighters, lighters that need inverting before ignition, matches (these may be carried on the person), radioactive material, briefcases and attache case with installed alarm devices.
• Oxidizing materials such as bleaching powder and peroxides.
• Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials.
• Fish (including sea food), animals, birds, insects in any form, whether alive and/or dead, and/or frozen and/or dried and/or cooked.
• Anything that possesses and/or is capable of possessing and/or emitting a conspicuous and/or offensive odour.
• Other dangerous articles such as magnetized materials, offensive or irritating materials.