Ahmedabad Airport Guide (AMD)
Ahmedabad is one of the fastest growing cities of India and one of the best travel destinations of the country. There was a time when Ahmedabad was only the industrial centre. But now along with prosperous business, the city is booming as a tourist attraction. So, whether it is a business trip, a family vacation, or solo expedition, you will not come across a better place than the charming city of Ahmedabad.
The presence of Gandhi Ashram in the city will give you insights on the freedom struggle of India. Inside there is a unique museum that will provide you with a glimpse of Mahatma Gandhi’s life. Kankaria Lake is yet another famous tourist attraction of the city. Sit by the serene lake and witness the picturesque views there. Also, do not miss out on visiting Lal Darwaza, Jama Masjid, and Sidi Sayed Masjid to spectate architectural beauty of the city.
Visit Manek Chowk, popular traditional food street in Ahmedabad to taste the famous delicacies of the city.
Ahmedabad Airport is the eighth busiest airport in terms of passenger traffic in India handling around 7.4 million passengers and 140 aircraft movements a day. Due to expansion constraints, the airport is set to be replaced by Dholera International Airport.
There are two terminals.
This terminal is exclusively for handling the domestic flights. It is spread over an area of 29,423 sq. meters with 23 check-in counters, 6 custom channels, and 6 security check booths handling 800 passengers each at arrival and departure.
Get direct return IndiGo flights to Ahmedabad from Bangalore (Bengaluru), Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, and Nagpur with several connecting ones.
This terminal is exclusively for handling the international flights. It is spread over an area of 41,000 sq. meters with 32 check-in counters, 30 immigration checks, 8 custom booths, and 3 security check kiosks handling 800 passengers each at arrival and departure.
Get connecting return IndiGo flights to Ahmedabad from Bangkok, Doha, Dubai, Kathmandu, Muscat, and Singapore.
Choose from the nearby airports to stay closer to the Ahmedabad Airport with
- Hotel R. J. Residency, Airport Road, Ahmedabad 382475, India
- Airport Residency, Airport Road, near Airport Circle, Ahmedabad 382475, India
- Pristine Residency Hotel, Next to S.V.P. International Airport, Ahmedabad 382475, India
- The Ummed Ahmedabad, Airport Road | Near International Airport Circle, Ahmedabad 382475, India
While you wait at the Ahmedabad Airport, spend your time
- Shopping at Duty Free shops for reasonable prices.
- Picking up your heart’s desires for apparels, accessories, perfumes and cosmetics, toys, handicrafts, pearls, and jewelry.
- Relaxing on the Massage Chairs, another reason to reach early for a flight.
- Getting pampered at the O2 Spa.
- Escaping in your favorite buy from bookstore.
- Relishing your taste buds with offerings from several restaurants and cafes.
- Snacking at the kiosk for a cheaper hunger relief.