Chandigarh Airport Guide (IXC)
Conceived by Nehru, Chandigarh is the antithesis of an Indian city. Unlike the chaotic mess and uncontrolled expansion you encounter in most urban places, Chandigarh offers your calm and serenity. After all, it was one of India’s earliest planned cities.
The city, which serves as the capital of two Indian states; Haryana and Punjab is renowned for its architecture, urban design, and modernization. Created by Swiss-French architect Le Corbusier, Chandigarh is charming with its many lakes and gardens, grand civic buildings, public monuments, and elegant boulevards.
Located at a high altitude, Chandigarh has the climate to its favour; you will find it to be enjoyable all year long. You will be left mesmerised by the strategic planning that went it to making this city and the sights it has to offer.
Chandigarh is a place where you will get your money’s worth. Are you a foodie? You are in the place of butter chicken, naans, lassi, and parathas. Do you like museums? You can visit the International Dolls Museum, Government Museum and Art Gallery, and the Le Corbusier Centre. Do you like sports? Punjab has a celebrated history of hockey and athletics; there is always a hockey game or a cricket game for you to catch. You will never be left disappointed by a visit to this city.
Chandigarh Airport is a small airport of area 53000 sq. meters with a capacity of handling 4.5 million passengers annually.
There are two terminals – domestic and international.
This terminal can handle 575 incoming and 575 outgoing passengers in the peak hours.
Fly domestic, direct with return IndiGo flights to Chandigarh from Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Srinagar with many more destinations connecting through them.
This terminal can handle 225 incoming and 225 outgoing international passengers in the peak hours.
Fly internationally, direct with return IndiGo flights to Chandigarh from Dubai along with connecting flights to other international destinations.
Enjoy your stay closer to the Chandigarh Airport with
- Chandigarh Ashok, NH - 21 Delhi - Chandigarh Highway | Near Chandigarh Airport, Zirakpur, Chandigarh 140603, India
- Hotel Rajshree, 181/45 Industrial & Business Park Phase 1, Chandigarh, India
- The Golden Plaza Hotel & Spa, Paras Downtown Square Mall, Zirakpur, Chandigarh 160022, India
- Park Plaza Zirakpur, Chandigarh Delhi Highway | District Mohali, Punjab, Zirakpur, Chandigarh 140603, India
Chandigarh Airport provides with the following facilities for your smoother travel:
- Self-boarding kiosks available.
- Free trolleys.
- International SIMs.
- ATM and Cash Machines.
- Currency exchange counters.
- Smoking Room available.
- Child Care Area.
- Free Medical Facilities.
- Availability of wheelchairs.
- Assistance to the differently-abled.
- Lost and Found Baggage Services.
- Parking Available.
- Radio Taxi, Car Rentals and City Bus Service.