Visakhapatnam Airport Guide (VTZ)
Port city of Andhra Pradesh, Vishakhapatnam is the second largest city in the state. Vishakhapatnam is a home to the largest shipyard in the country. Also, it is the only city along the Indian east coast that houses a natural harbour. The spectacular beauty of the city attracts a number of domestic as well as foreign tourists throughout the year. Breath-taking natural beauty, architectural wonders, and rich cultural heritage make it an ideal tourist attraction for every kind of traveller. So, if you are backpacking or going on a family vacation, Vishakhapatnam is sure to give you an amazing time.
The biggest caves ever found in India, Bora caves, is one of the famous tourist attraction of Vishakhapatnam. The magnificent formation of rocks and the cascading waterfalls offers breath-taking views. The place is undoubtedly a delight for nature lovers and foodies too. In Vizag, soak your tastebuds into the delicious flavours of sea food, curries, and delicious South Indian dishes. Araku valley, Katiki waterfalls, Rishikonda beach are some of the other popular attractions of the city. Vishakhapatnam or Vizag as popularly known will keep your spirits high with its splendid beauty.
Visakhapatnam Airport is a single terminal airport spread over an area of 20400 sq. meters with passenger capacity of 300 incoming and 700 outgoing, 21 check-in counters, 11 immigration checks, 9 custom counters and 7 security kiosks. The terminal is largest among Tier II cities.
Get direct return IndiGo flights to Visakhapatnam from Bhubaneswar, Bangalore (Bengaluru), Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Kolkata along with several connecting locations.
Enjoy your stay closer to the Visakhapatnam Airport with a choice of
- Best Western Ramachandra, 8-8-36 Main Road | Old Gajuwaka, Visakhapatnam (Vizag) 530026, India
- Hotel Winsar Park, D No 17-1-18, Opp K G H | Collector's Office Road, Visakhapatnam (Vizag) 530002, India
- Fortune Inn Sree Kanya, 47-10-34, Dwaraknagar | Diamond Park, Sreekanya Road, Visakhapatnam (Vizag) 530020, India
While you wait at the Visakhapatnam Airport, spend your time
- Shop for the traditional souvenirs and handicrafts.
- Stay tuned at music shop.
- Discover the love of pearls.
- Relax at the Massage Parlors, another reason to reach early for a flight.
- Relish your taste buds with offerings from several restaurants and cafes.
- Snack on at the kiosk for a cheaper hunger relief.