Have a fantastic experience on IndiGo's Pune to Male flights
Today air travel is one of the fastest modes of travel, more and more commuters prefer commuting through this mode of transport. Patrons preferably go with organisations that safeguard their interests and meet their expectations. IndiGo flights successfully serve that purpose. IndiGo offers a range of domestic and international flights. Pune to Male IndiGo flights is one of the excellent examples. Male to Pune return flight tickets can also be booked with IndiGo for a hassle-free experience.
Your Pune to Male flight tickets can easily be booked on IndiGo’s website. Download IndiGo’s app to know more about Pune to Male lowest airfare offers. Also explore the range of ad-on services offered at the time of booking your flight to Maldives.
Male city is the capital of Maldives, situated near the Velana international airport. It is the most populous city of Maldives, which is known for its colourful buildings and mosques.
Tourist attractions in Maldives
- Grand Friday Mosque: Opened in 1984. This mosque is one of the famous and biggest mosques in the country.
- National Museum: This museum showcases the culture and history of Maldives. Located in Sultan Park, this three-story museum was formally the palace of the Sultan.
- Artificial beach: This man-made beach reclaimed from the sea is famous for swimming and sunbathing. This long stretch of land is a marvel and very famous among the tourists.
- Tsunami Monument: This historical monument is dedicated to the victims of the Tsunami.
- The country of Maldives consists of 1200 Islands. A few of the most popular islands are Maafushi Island, Meru Island, Komandoo Island, Villingili Island, Rangali Island. Plan accordingly.
Things to do in Maldives
- Visit Grand Friday Mosque in the morning to offer your prayers. Time of visit 09:00 to 17:00 hr. In the evening you can visit the local market for shopping and enjoying the local cuisines.
- Visit the National Museum and learn about the history of the Maldives. This museum showcases different types of historical artefacts, relics, paintings, and much more.
- Visit the Tsunami monument and pay your tribute to the victims of the Tsunami natural disaster.
- Tourists can enjoy and explore many activities offered by different vendors like scuba diving, underwater submarine tours, helicopter rides, atoll transfers, and much more.
Airport in Male
Located on Hulhulé Island, Velana International Airport is the Maldives' main international airport. It is connected with all the major airports around the world.
- Airport address – Airport Main Rd, 22000, Maldives
- Airport IATA code – MLE
Pune to Maldives flight information
There are several direct and connecting flights available on this route. IndiGo ensures the safety of all passengers by thoroughly sanitising aircrafts before every take-off.
Best deal on IndiGo for Pune to Maldives flights
IndiGo offers a host of add-on services to make your journey comfortable and convenient. You can use the Fast Forward service to get priority check-in and priority baggage at airports. You can pre-book meals with 6E Snack combo and select a seat of your choice with Seat Plus.
Pune was earlier known as Poona. This city is the cultural capital and second-largest city in the state of Maharashtra.
Tourist attractions in Pune
- Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Ganesha, built approximately 100 years ago by a famous confectioner named Dagduseth Halwai. Since then, this temple is known as Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati Temple.
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum: Founded by Dr. Raja Dinkar Museum is a three-floored museum situated on Baji Rao road. This museum houses artefacts made of gold, silver, weapons of war, musical instruments, and much more.
- Aga Khan Palace: This beautiful and grand palace was built by Sultan Mohammed Shah Aga Khan III. This palace was known as the best creation of that time and served as a jail to our famous freedom fighters Mahatma Gandhi, Kasturba, Mahadev, etc., during Bharat Chodo Andolan.
- Sinhgad Fort: This historical and beautiful fort is located 35 km away from Pune in Khadakwasla, expected to be 2000-year-old, but the exact date of origin is yet to be discovered. Previously, it was known as Kodhana. Later, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj changed the name to Sinhagad Fort. This fort has faced many battles, but the one fought in 1670 was the famous one.
- Shaniwar Wada: This historical and marvellous building was built by Raja Baji Rao I in 1730. This place is known as Shaniwar Wada because the foundation stone was laid on Saturday(Shanivar). Although in 1928, a massive fire broke out and burnt down the Shaniwar Wada artefacts, the structure is still intact to explore.
Things to do in Pune
- Visit Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati temple to offer your prayers and take blessings from Lord Ganesha's idol, which is overlaid with 8 kg of gold. This temple is one of the most famous religious places in Pune.
- Visit Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum to explore different artefacts made up of gold, silver, musical instruments. This museum has an exclusive section dedicated to historical things from the 14th century.
- Visit Aga Khan Palace to experience the beautiful agriculture and learn about its association during our struggle for freedom. This palace is also known as Gandhi Memorial, having a collection of books and things of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Visit Sinhagad Fort and spend your day exploring it. Pay your tribute by visiting the Tanahaji memorial, offer your prayers at the Kali temple.
- Visit Shaniwar Wada. Home to Peshwas. This place is one of the famous tourist spots in Pune. Spend your day exploring and experiencing the royalty and learn about the Maratha Peshwa.
Airport in Pune:
Pune International Airport is the main international airport in Pune, located approximately 10 km northeast of Pune in the state of Maharashtra, India.
- Airport address – New Airport Rd, Pune International Airport Area, Lohegaon, Pune, Maharashtra 411032
- Airport IATA code – PNQ