Book comfortable Surat to Kathmandu flight with IndiGo to make your travel experience enjoyable
IndiGo offers prompt and comfortable flights from Surat to Kathmandu at affordable rates. With hundreds of aircraft, IndiGo has multiple route options between locations that enable passengers to travel without any discontinuity.
IndiGo is the largest airline in India and the company operates numerous domestic and international flights every day. It is one of the best low-cost carriers in Asia. Surat to Kathmandu IndiGo flights can be booked from the IndiGo website or through the mobile app.
A city of about 1 million people, Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal. The city has been the centre of art, culture, economy, and politics in Nepal for years. Kathmandu has a multi-ethnic population and is home to several world heritage sites. The city has also housed the headquarters of the South Asian Association for Regional Corporation (SAARC) since 1985.
Tourist attractions in Kathmandu
- Boudhanath Stupa – One of the largest stupas in the world, this is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. The stupa represents Buddhism and architecture at its finest and is known to house the tomb of Kassapa Buddha.
- Pashupatinath Temple – This extensive Hindu temple complex is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. This sacred site is one of the most important temples in the world. The temple architecture is also unique as it has Nepalese pagoda style architecture.
- Garden of Dreams – Decorated with fountains and ponds, this garden is one of the most beautiful places in the world. The garden exudes tranquillity and people can enjoy a quiet picnic on the grounds.
- Narayanhiti Palace and Museum – Once the home to a King, the palace’s opulent interiors is a look into royal living and old-world charm.
- Kumari House – An incredibly unique religious site, it is the home to a young girl who is considered to be the human reincarnation of Goddess Durga. Tourists can also find many religious relics in this place.
Things to do in Kathmandu
- Stroll down the fascinating streets of Thamel. The location boasts a wide variety of shops and restaurants and activities that tourists can participate in.
- Spend a day at the Langtang National Park in the lap of the Himalayan mountain range. The park shares a border with multiple rivers and Tibet and is a step right into the wonders of nature.
- Nepal has some of the best trekking routes in the world. Passengers can embark on different trek routes and experience the beautiful scenery of snowy mountains.
- Take a breathtaking helicopter ride across the Mount Everest range.
- The many rivers in Kathmandu are perfect for kayaking, rafting and other adventure activities.
Airport in Kathmandu
The airport in Kathmandu is known as the Tribhuvan International Airport. The airport has one domestic and one international flight terminal. The airport is named after Tribhuvan Bir Bikram Shah, who was the former King of Nepal.
Airport address: Ring Road, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Airport IATA code: KTM
Surat to Kathmandu flight information
Most Surat to Kathmandu flights take an average of 7 to 9 hr and can be booked from the IndiGo website. Kathmandu to Surat flights can also be booked from the website. You may want to know more about multiple Kathmandu flights operated by IndiGo and visit the goIndiGo.in website to know more about the flights.
Explore more flights to Kathmandu –
Best deals on IndiGo for Surat to Kathmandu flights
To avail Surat to Kathmandu lowest airfare, IndiGo has the best flight options. Surat to Kathmandu flight tickets is available at affordable rates from the IndiGo website. Additionally, many benefit products are available to passengers from the website.
IndiGo offers all sorts of disabilities and special assistance to their customers. IndiGo also provides options to their passengers like a guarantee on the safekeeping of luggage, pre-booking on extra luggage, snack and drink choices, and many more. Passengers can opt for the 6E Rewards system at a nominal fee for all additional benefits.
Famous for its diamond and textile industry, the city is located in the state of Gujarat in India. Surat is a port city. It is the eighth-largest city in the country and an important commercial centre. Known as the ‘Diamond City’, Surat has a thriving diamond cutting and polishing industry.
Tourist Attractions in Surat
- Sardar Patel Museum – Established in 1890, the museum boasts of a collection of paintings, relics, art and consists of a planetarium, auditorium and restaurant.
- Dutch Garden – The garden is an oasis of greenery and flora with its European architecture. The garden is bordered by the River Tapti. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Surat.
- Ambaji Temple - A popular spot for pilgrims, the temple is dedicated to the Mother Goddess in the form of Ashtabhuja Ambika.
- Sarthana Nature Park – Built over 81 acres of land, this park is the home to many unique animals and birds.
- Surat Castle – A popular heritage monument, the castle dates back to the 16th century. It was a defensive fortification that was used against the Portuguese in the past.
Things to do in Surat
- Experience spiritual living at the ISKCON Temple in Surat. The religious shrine is dedicated to Shri Shri Radha Damodar and is a haven for Krishna devotees. The Temple is also an architectural marvel.
- Visit the Dumas Beach which is known to be one of the most haunted locations in Gujarat. There have been many paranormal experiences said to have occurred at the beach. The beach is believed to have been a burial ground.
- Visit the markets. Surat is a treasure trove of handcrafted textiles, clothes and beautiful gems and stones. Wood and ivory decor are also very popular in Surat.
- Try the Gujarati thali or street food like Sev Bhel. From sweet to savoury, the Gujarati cuisine must be tried to enrich your gastronomic senses.
- A visit to Surat is complete without a visit to the Dandi Beach, as it is such a significant location in the history of India’s freedom struggle.
Airport in Surat
Surat Airport was built in the 1970s by the state government. It is a customs airport that is built over 770 acres of land. The airport also has a flying school on the grounds.
- Airport address: Surat - Dumas Road Gaviyer, Surat - Dumas Rd, Surat, Gujarat 395007
- Airport IATA code: STV